website statistics

Track Cycling 2020 Discussion Thread

Agger

• 3 weeks later...

The Brits presented their new Olympic-year track bike. So, you know. RIP everyone else.

8f2f0021-3915-11ea-aae0-02b7b76bf47f.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, dcro said:

Hopefully this time it will closer to the American speed skating suit-gate of 2014...

I think it'll be closer to 12 gold medals :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

That would be impossible, thanks to their mediocrity in women's team sprint. :evil:

Oh they won't even qualify? In that case: gold in every discipline in which they qualify :d 

• 2 weeks later...

How competitive are the juniors at the UCI ranking events..... 

I shocked to see Indians currently dominating the rankings in the kieren, sprint and team spirits in both men and women at the Junior levels....... Cycling is a sport where we have not even qualified for the Olympics for the last 30 years or so...... 

What does this mean ?

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

48 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

I shocked to see Indians currently dominating the rankings in the kieren, sprint and team spirits in both men and women at the Junior levels....... Cycling is a sport where we have not even qualified for the Olympics for the last 30 years or so...... 

What does this mean ?

India’s track cycling program is on the rise. We have yet to really see success at the senior level, but these juniors continue to show a lot of promise :yes

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

What does this mean ?

Which events are they dominating? It's definitely a sport where - especially in terms of juniors - I wouldn't look too much at rankings, like in mountainbiking.