website statistics

Road Cycling 2020 Discussion Thread

Agger

As expected, the Vuelta has been shortened to 18 stages. The start has been moved from Drenthe in the Netherlands to the magnificent home of craziness during cycling: the Basque country :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

As expected, the Vuelta has been shortened to 18 stages. The start has been moved from Drenthe in the Netherlands to the magnificent home of craziness during cycling: the Basque country :cheer: 

What exactly do they accomplish by cutting only 3 stages? It will still take three weeks, so nothing changes.

Not that I expect the event to go forward at all...

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

What exactly do they accomplish by cutting only 3 stages? It will still take three weeks, so nothing changes.

Not that I expect the event to go forward at all...

Me neither :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Right, cutting stages was not to accomplish anything, but it's the three stages scheduled to be held in the Netherlands (starting in Utrecht, not Drenthe, my bad) that won't get replaced. So it's simply a direct result of moving the start to Basque Country.

Well these are gonna be a couple of mad months for the sports lover when/if most international competitions restart and/or get back in full swing at that time :d 

19 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Lombardia in the middle of november? Oh, boy :d

But the leaves have already fallen by then, this is not good :hairpull:

29 minutes ago, dcro said:

I do honestly think some races are going to happen.

Eugenio Alafaci, who had to retire last year after several surgeries didn't fix a heart problem, and his girlfriend became parents, only to have their newborn daughter ripped away from them :cry: