website statistics

Road Cycling 2020 Discussion Thread

Agger

59 minut temu, heywoodu napisał:

Androni and Gazprom have already pulled out of the upcoming Sibiu Tour, which is supposed to be one of the first somewhat decent races (there's also the Tour of Poland which won't be televised in any way since media won't be allowed, so yeah).

Meanwhile the Hamburg Cyclassics, moved from August to October, has now been cancelled.

If you find a way to bypass (if any) geolocation, the Tour of Poland can be watched on the Polish television website, i.e. sport.tvp.pl

16 minut temu, Federer91 napisał:

The first real race will be the Tour of Bulgaria :d 

If I were to find fault with it, the first races were in Poland. But the organizers have so spoiled the promotions of these races that it is better not to say than to praise that my country was the first to organize such races.

2 hours ago, TomJa said:

If you find a way to bypass (if any) geolocation, the Tour of Poland can be watched on the Polish television website, i.e. sport.tvp.pl

Interesting, since it was specifically mentioned no members of the media would be allowed. I wonder who films it :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

47 minutes ago, dcro said:

The alien being Chris Froome...?

Yes, the one who went from struggling for a top-100 finish in the Tour of I believe Poland (which was normal, considering he was nothing more than average) to nearly winning the Vuelta a few weeks later :p(and later actually winning, officially)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

The first real race will be the Tour of Bulgaria :d 

Is that the one that has something with the ancient Romans in the name? Because that got me very interested :d

24 minuty temu, heywoodu napisał:

Interesting, since it was specifically mentioned no members of the media would be allowed. I wonder who films it :d

TVP is the inseparable media patron of this race. Even when the tour for this year's edition was announced, it was done in a public television studio, so I suppose there will be coverage. I looked at the schedule of this station, there will also be reports this year. If you want this broadcast plan to you.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Is that the one that has something with the ancient Romans in the name? Because that got me very interested :d

No, that is a separate race, which will be held for the first time :p The 67th Tour of Bulgaria starts next tuesday with Caja Rural and Delko Marseille as top teams. It took a global pandemic and stopped season to finally get Pro Con. teams :d