website statistics

Road Cycling 2020 Discussion Thread

Agger

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

So I learn this happened at Laguna Seca Raceway.

The Olympics will end at Fuji Speedway. :mumble:

One of my TOC stages ever! Toms became my second favorite after Sagan because of his success in California. Plus, he came back from that horrific fall he suffered in years past. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

27 minutes ago, dcro said:

So I learn this happened at Laguna Seca Raceway.

The Olympics will end at Fuji Speedway. :mumble:

Yep :d 

Tour of California, the race where Toms Skujins always went from being mediocre to being awesome :p  I wish he'd show his California mojo more often, in bigger races, he's got the potential and (and this is sort of rare) the will to attack all the time

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

Johannes Klæbo has joined Uno-X Development Team on a 5-year and apparently 2,5 million euro contract. Yes, that is the triple Olympic cross-country skiing champion :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, dcro said:

Pieter Weening joined Trek-Segafredo... And in doing so he was apparently required to make an Instagram profile. :p

Awesome to see a team decided to give him a chance :cheer: 

Just now, Federer91 said:

He is still skiing right?

Absolutely. Presumably this is not going to involve much actual racing, but it's just a win-win: he gets a ton of extra money and has some high-level cyclists (at least for him) to train with in the summer, and Uno-X gets a whole lot more attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Niki Terpstra has had a bad training crash on a dam and is in the intensive care unit of a hospital. His life is not in danger apparently, but it's gonna be quite a road to recover.