website statistics

Road Cycling 2020 Discussion Thread

Agger

So final Giro ITT, Tourmalet in La Vuelta and Paris-Roubaix the same time? That'll be tough! :p

Feels like it'll be a headache for the teams to schedule!

But well. That's all a question of whether it will actually happen!

EXQgOGdWsAEgDTK?format=jpg&name=large

Luckily we're still going to Guangxi! :whistle: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Oh, and Driedaagse de Panne!

Ah yes, the nowadays lovely one-day race 'Three Days of De Panne'. And before Vlaanderen...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I think i liked the previous version better. :d

The Giro is screwed it seems. Tour - Vuelta is the obvious double for the GC riders, while all the Classics are also opposed  the Giro, which will take away the other stars. They will have to depend only on riders, who will directly have the Giro as their main goal. 

Now if the Tour is somehow cancelled, then that is the jackpot for the Giro. :d I've read a lot of french authorities say "We won't have Roland Garros and Tour de France without fans", but i don't think they will have the guts to cancel them if there are no fans.  

:raspberry:

Patrick Lefevere came across like someone who.....had rather enjoyed the drinks, on a live Belgian talk show :p 

https://streamable.com/u8so7h

Valverde is going to do pretty much everything :p 

1 aug: Strade Bianche
8 aug: Milan-San Remo
23 aug: Spanish championships
29 aug – 20 sep: Tour de France
27 sep: World championships in Martigny
30 sep: Fleche Wallone
4 oct: Liège-Bastogne-Liège
10 oct: Amstel Gold Race
11 oct: Gent-Wevelgem
14 oct: Dwars Door Vlaanderen
20 oct-8 nov: Vuelta a España

Generally Valverde's peak is roughly from the end of January to halfway in October, so he should be fine.

'Recognize the cyclist by their celebration'. It's in Dutch, but you see a photo and three names so that doesn't matter :p  I had 6 out of 10

https://sporza.be/nl/2020/05/08/quiz-herken-jij-de-renner-aan-de-hand-van-zijn-zegegebaar~1588954222066/

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

'Recognize the cyclist by their celebration'. It's in Dutch, but you see a photo and three names so that doesn't matter :p  I had 6 out of 10

https://sporza.be/nl/2020/05/08/quiz-herken-jij-de-renner-aan-de-hand-van-zijn-zegegebaar~1588954222066/

image.png