website statistics

Equestrian 2020 Discussion Thread

dcro

Some interesting post-lockdown results on the American eventing circuit. Will Coleman, Liz Halliday-Sharp and Erin Sylvester are all showing excellent form. Sharon White too (also known as "everyone's favorite rider", no joke).

Of course, the question is whether the American selectors will take a chance on them, or will they yet again choose the usual suspects (which have flopped at every global event for the past decade or so). :dunno:

I wonder if @heywoodu has perhaps ever heard of Liz Halliday...?

#banbestmen

On 15/09/2020 at 18:32, dcro said:

Some interesting post-lockdown results on the American eventing circuit. Will Coleman, Liz Halliday-Sharp and Erin Sylvester are all showing excellent form. Sharon White too (also known as "everyone's favorite rider", no joke).

Of course, the question is whether the American selectors will take a chance on them, or will they yet again choose the usual suspects (which have flopped at every global event for the past decade or so). :dunno:

I wonder if @heywoodu has perhaps ever heard of Liz Halliday...?

How would I have ever heard of her? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

@dcro

I have a question for you.

I have seen and heard a lot about the performance of brazilian athlete Marlon Zanotelli.

Some people who follow Olympic Sports are impressed by his results on the last competitions.

How actual good are these results from him?

17 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

How would I have ever heard of her? :p 

Well, she contested 24h of Le Mans a couple of times. :p

While I did not assume you know about every racer ever, I felt she may have been slightly more memorable than your average joe. :mumble:

#banbestmen

6 minutes ago, Laraja said:

@dcro

I have a question for you.

I have seen and heard a lot about the performance of brazilian athlete Marlon Zanotelli.

Some people who follow Olympic Sports are impressed by his results on the last competitions.

How actual good are these results from him?

Things are still kind of slow in the equestrian world, but essentially yes, Zanotelli is indeed a force to be reckoned with at any given competition...

Aside from double gold in Lima, he appears to be competitive against the Europeans too. Notably he won a big class in St Tropez just a fortnight ago.

#banbestmen

Oh no... I just can't... I just can't believe this. :facepalm:

Just days before it was supposed to start, Plantation Field Horse Trials suddenly got cancelled. With all the COVID-related cancellations, it was supposed to be pretty much the season highlight in North America...

Any why did it get cancelled? Because there is a word "Plantation" in the name. :yikes::hairpull::lol::facepalm:

Mind you, this event is not even held in the South. It's in Pennsylvania. Never again am I visiting Eventing Nation.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Well, she contested 24h of Le Mans a couple of times. :p

While I did not assume you know about every racer ever, I felt she may have been slightly more memorable than your average joe. :mumble:

Huh, motorsports was the first sport I had in mind, in fact, but that's due to New Zealand's former A1GP driver Matt Halliday :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Good news. USEA caved under reason and decided to let the Plantation Field International go forward as planned.

Eventing Nation will not cover the event in protest ("that'll teach 'em!"). Their quality really went downhill once Jenni Autry left.

“Having this historic competition close isn’t the right result for the sport, and the United States Eventing Association (USEA) is working hard to find a solution. The organizer and landowners operate exceptional events on a beautiful piece of land. We are deeply sensitive to the history of the word ‘plantation’ and its connection to slavery; however, this property has no known connections to slavery and was instead named after ‘plantings’ on the property.”

“We understand that neither the organizer nor the landowners have ever intended to cause any discomfort related to the name of the event and to imply otherwise is a disservice to our organizers, landowners, and our sport. The USEA does not have the ability to require an event to change its name as we are required to carry the US Equestrian (USEF) licensed name of the competition on our calendar of events. However, we are hopeful that an acceptable solution to this issue can be reached.”

#banbestmen