website statistics

Equestrian 2020 Discussion Thread

dcro

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

Always wondered if she could have improved her ranking competing for a "major" federation.

I can't find a video from 2008, but here is one from 2006 WEG (during which she achieved similar results).

Looking at this performance, extended trot and flying changes were fantastic, definite highlights. Extended canter had a great potential too, but clearly she didn't take full risk riding them. Pirouettes were nice and small. Half-passes had a great rhytm and reach, but were not always exactly parallel to the arena boards...

On the other hand, passage and piaffe had a good outline, but were often uneven and inconsistent in rhytm. I'd be surprised if they got more than 7/10 from judges at any point. Collected walk was quite poor on that day.

But then again, I love the music. :d

Of course, I can't really tell a lot without seeing what the others did... But considering it was their debut at this kind of stage, I wouldn't say the judges got conservative in the face of the unknown...

#banbestmen

By the way, looking at the results from 2005-2010, it seems that was the most colorful period in the history of dressage. :MEX Bernadette Pujals, :RUS Alexandra Korelova, :SUI Silvia Ikle and :FIN Kyra Kyrklund were always right up there with the traditional powerhouses. Too bad I didn't follow it back then. :d

These nations, sadly, no longer have such talents. There is only some hope for Finland with Henri Ruoste, who could be a looking for a surprising Top 10 next year...

#banbestmen

Doctors have started the process of slowly waking up Juan Matute from the artificial coma...

Given that he was under a brain surgery, the level of his function will only be known once he wakes up, and it looks like that may happen over the weekend... :fingers:

#banbestmen

Is it the Netherlands or the Wild West? :yikes: :hairpull:

@heywoodu

Spoiler

Thieves broke into Laurens van Lieren and his girlfriend Devenda Dijkstra's stable in Schaijk, The Netherlands, in the night of 13 May 2020. They stole 9 saddles, of which 7 were owned by the couple (brand Award & Tribal), as well as Devenda's Toyota Yaris, a quad and much more. "The good news is that the horses are all ok and healthy, but after today nobody will get and if so, they won't get out in one piece," Devenda wrote on Facebook adding a dog and lion emoticon behind her statement.

#banbestmen

Article about Steffen Peters fighting depression... And again, Croatian flag lurking in the background...

http://dressage-news.com/2020/05/26/steffen-peters-renewed-drive-to-coach-compete-after-successful-florida-circuit-helped-deal-with-depression/

At this point, every other article on Dressage-News.com has a picture of Croatian flag somewhere. It's just bizzarre. But I guess Karen Pavicic is making our presence felt big time. :lol:

Steffen-Peters-Suppenkasper-8Y6A4675.jpg

#banbestmen

Good news on Juan Matute. He is able to sit up and communicate, but only by nodding as doctors are not allowing him to speak yet.

His memory seems to be doing fine, as he remembers COVID and the headaches that preceeded the brain-bleed.

It will be a long road to recovery, but so far it's looking good...

#banbestmen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...