website statistics

Boxing 2020 Discussion Thread

phelps

16 hours ago, JohnFoyne said:

Wild story coming out from USADA and USA Boxing about 2016 Olympian Ginny Fuchs. According to USADA Fuchs testes positive for two banned substances in February. After an investigation it was confirmed by USA Boxing and Fuchs that the steroids were injecting during sex with her boyfriend, who was using them. 

So. Many. Questions! I’m not a doctor, but like how does that work? Would the injection even be strong enough to even impact her performance? Is this a get around that athlete have been using for years? I mean, I’ve heard of the water bottle trick, but never this.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/general/article/Ginny-Fuchs-Olympics-boxer-positive-drug-test-sex-15333804.php

No doubt contamination through bodily fluids is possible, it's not even the first case in the past year alone :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 months later...

Cecilia Brækhus lost her undefeated record on the hands of Jessica McCaskill. The Americans took the WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO and IBO welterweight titles.

David Benavídez defeated Roamer Alexis Angulo, but was overweight and lost the WBC super middleweight belt.

This weekend:

• Brentwood, Britain
    • Dillian Whyte vs Alexander Povetkin (WBC interim heavyweight title).
    • Katie Taylor vs Delfine Persoon (WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO lightweight titles)
  • Los Angeles
    • Shawn Porter vs Sebastian Formella (WBC Silver welterweight title).
  • Las Vegas
    • Eléider Álvarez vs Joe Smith Jr.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After 3 years of waiting these two are finally meeting. There was the usual press-conference/weigh in shenanigans the previous days. Joshua looked more pissed than usual, maybe because he wants this match to finally be over, since Kubrat has been taunting him ever since the planned 2017 fight. Let's see, if he can make it further than the Klitschko fight and not make a fool of himself. :d

321321321_55.m.m.jpg

On 29/11/2020 at 09:17, hckosice said:

Who watched ?

rirar-xlTXWpNaOhoNdXlA~Mike-Tyson.jpg?t=

I watch most of the big boxing fights (sometimes live, often a bit later), but could and can not be bothered for two pensioners stepping into the ring :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

After 3 years of waiting these two are finally meeting. There was the usual press-conference/weigh in shenanigans the previous days. Joshua looked more pissed than usual, maybe because he wants this match to finally be over, since Kubrat has been taunting him ever since the planned 2017 fight. Let's see, if he can make it further than the Klitschko fight and not make a fool of himself. :d

I hope so for him, but I highly doubt he has the kind of level the likes of Joshua have :d 

I guess the few main competitors in heavyweight aren't available at the moment, so sometimes there has to be someone like Pulev to fill the wait up to the next huge fight :p 

17 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I hope so for him, but I highly doubt he has the kind of level the likes of Joshua have :d 

I guess the few main competitors in heavyweight aren't available at the moment, so sometimes there has to be someone like Pulev to fill the wait up to the next huge fight :p 

Well, he is the IBF mandatory after an 8 match winning streak, since the Klitschko loss. It's not like one of those arranged fights that the champs promoter makes to build his client. But still, if he manages to finish the match, i will take it as a success, even though they will never give him the win on points.