website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020 - Cancelled Edition

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

Would that be rejecting the nation of Algeria, or rejecting a person that quit the contest that he was hosting due to his political beliefs? 

That is an assumption though.

Spoiler

Albeit a possibly not unfair one.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2kjNvL6.png

OMG TISC STARTED :wub: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Vektor said:

lol, you weren't kidding that we are still really early compared to previous years.

The date of the Annual Grand Finals:

4th June 2016

29th April 2017

28th April 2018

4th May 2019

TAISC 2020 has been all about breaking rusty old traditions though.

- Different visual formats, changing it up

- Intros, characters and whatnot, adding extra dimenions

- Earlier in the year, freeing up those motorsports filled days it's normally on

- Registration only, saving us the time of actually listening songs and voting and all that stuff

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Me neither :d 

I hadn't even heard it until the top 2000 and now it's like radio stations have it on an endless loop :facepalm: 

Coming from out of nowhere to 4th on the all-time top 2000, that is something. Although those farmers and their song in 9th have shown it doesn't mean much :p 

Well my biggest surprise was when while we were listening to the top on the radio in my work, suddenly on one of the last days a song comes up in the top: "Gotta catch them all, Pokemon!" :lol:

1 minute ago, kungshamra71 said:

Well my biggest surprise was when while we were listening to the top on the radio in my work, suddenly on one of the last days a song comes up in the top: "Gotta catch them all, Pokemon!" :lol:

That was another one of those internet things two years ago I think :lol: 

Only slightly lower than Hallelujah and one of TISC's winners (RIP) and higher than We Will Rock You, two of @brunamoura's all-time favourite songs (143 and 144), and Billie Jean :d (and luckily higher than the impossible to escape Californication, yuck)

EYt8njm.png

Hm.... after thinking about this a bit more, I think we should restart the selection relatively soon, like in 4-5 days, (which would be 2 weeks long according to the rules) and have the Grand Finale somewhere in March. I mean, it would probably better to have the Finale in May to avoid some of the OQT events, but we already have a lot of songs selected, and it would be unfair to make those countries wait for so long. 

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

TAISC 2020 has been all about breaking rusty old traditions though.

- Different visual formats, changing it up

- Intros, characters and whatnot, adding extra dimenions

- Earlier in the year, freeing up those motorsports filled days it's normally on

- Registration only, saving us the time of actually listening songs and voting and all that stuff

Right but we agreed to a shortened format.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela