website statistics

Badminton 2020 Discussion Thread

Griff88

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Apparently I'm sure it'll not happen as they planned. 

Tournaments are overlapping, there is no quarantine rule for any tournament. 

I'm not optimistic about having a tournament anywhere in india except the north eastern states but then they can't host a big one due to lack of facilities,  Hyderabad which has less than 400 active cases (Hyderabad Open maybe safe) and Bangalore which is anyhow the largest city in the country without pretty much any big kind of lockdown currently  and 127 active cases (maybe safe to have Olympic Qualifiers for 3*3 here but I'm not sure if Olympics will happen in Tokyo ) Maybe for Bangalore  only good thing is that it's the only place where sport ,training  and opening stadiums  is allowed in the country currently with good facilities.

• 1 month later...

2 time Olympic champion Lin Dan just announced retirement from national team and giving up trying his 5th Olympics due to age and health issue.

Personally, I think Lin Dan is the icon of Chinese badminton and an international legend. Good luck to him. And according to his announcement, he still possibly attend national games representing his provincial team for the very last time.

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

2 time Olympic champion Lin Dan just announced retirement from national team and giving up trying his 5th Olympics due to age and health issue.

Personally, I think Lin Dan is the icon of Chinese badminton and an international legend. Good luck to him. And according to his announcement, he still possibly attend national games representing his provincial team for the very last time.

I felt that retiring in situation without tournaments like this isn't fit for a legend..

All the best for his future endeavors