website statistics

Badminton 2020 Discussion Thread

Griff88

China media says Team China confirm they will withdraw from Austria and Spain, but will compete Germany and All England. To prevent the coronavirus, they will keep practicing in Europe this period and no plan back to China after tournaments.

Another unfortunate news from Japan media, Momota may not participate any games before Olympics. He need rest for at least 3 months for the surgery and return to national team at June. And then he may play Olympics directly.

2 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

China media says Team China confirm they will withdraw from Austria and Spain, but will compete Germany and All England. To prevent the coronavirus, they will keep practicing in Europe this period and no plan back to China after tournaments.

You know what, the Indonesian media already making clickbaits about China skipping the All England :facepalm:

47 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

You know what, the Indonesian media already making clickbaits about China skipping the All England :facepalm:

Too many points there, China definitely won't give up All England unless GB immigration officially announce travel ban for Chinese, otherwise they can stay in Germany after that tournament to ensure safety. What I really worry is not the European tournaments but those in Indonesia and Malaysia. 

Edited by Vic Liu

23 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Too many points there, China definitely won't give up All England unless GB immigration officially announce travel ban for Chinese, otherwise they can stay in Germany after that tournament to ensure safety. What I really worry is not the European tournaments but those in Indonesia and Malaysia. 

So is all group stage format consist of 3 singles then 2 doubles?

Edited by ratelesjo

10 minutes ago, ratelesjo said:

So is all group stage format consist of 3 singles then 2 doubles?

For Men's Group and Women's Group yes. For Mix group(Sudirman Cup) the answer is No. It's men single/double, women single/double and mix double. 2 singles and 3 doubles.

2 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Weirdly enough, as of today Indonesia don't ban Chinese nationals from entering (but flights are very limited) but we ban imports.

And when I went to post office earlier, people also can't send packages to China/HK/Macau. But everything could change, since the approach will be reviewed every 2 days by our government.

21 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Weirdly enough, as of today Indonesia don't ban Chinese nationals from entering (but flights are very limited) but we ban imports.

And when I went to post office earlier, people also can't send packages to China/HK/Macau. But everything could change, since the approach will be reviewed every 2 days by our government.

From official Chinese immigration source, Indonesia banned Chinese nationals from 5th February. But still a long time to go for Indonesia tournament, situation may change. As Momota quits the following games, it would be a perfect opportunity for Shi Yuqi and other players to earn points. Shi needs it badly.

A big tournament in the surroundings make you read articles. I've come across this suspension of Seo Seung Jae.
That could have huge implications for XD Olympic qualification for European pairs.

https://www.badzine.net/2020/02/seo-seung-jae-cut-from-national-team/

Has there been any update since then? Going independent?

32 minutes ago, ratelesjo said:

A big tournament in the surroundings make you read articles. I've come across this suspension of Seo Seung Jae.
That could have huge implications for XD Olympic qualification for European pairs.

https://www.badzine.net/2020/02/seo-seung-jae-cut-from-national-team/

Has there been any update since then? Going independent?

Nothing updated since then and he can't participate the tournaments as independent player. But there is a 'but', if he and his partner are still eligible for Olympic after the deadline, Korean association will reconsider this issue. I think that is a pass card. On the other hand, this issue originated from the sponsorship conflicts, if he solves this anytime, then the suspension will end.

Edited by Vic Liu