website statistics

Badminton 2020 Discussion Thread

Griff88

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Shravan Kumar said:

I sometimes think that Axlesen just need to terror Hoyer-Larsen via chat rather than doing this :p

Guys, I have a question. I have this link(I believe that's the official for Olympic Qualification). https://olympics.bwfbadminton.com/rankings/?id=12&cat_id=72&ryear=2019&week=53&page_size=25&page_no=1

There are two different rankings there. Notional Rankings and Race to Tokyo, both have a describe that they are used for Olympic Qualification and different results, but... Which one is the correct?

4 minutes ago, Laraja said:

Guys, I have a question. I have this link(I believe that's the official for Olympic Qualification). https://olympics.bwfbadminton.com/rankings/?id=12&cat_id=72&ryear=2019&week=53&page_size=25&page_no=1

There are two different rankings there. Notional Rankings and Race to Tokyo, both have a describe that they are used for Olympic Qualification and different results, but... Which one is the correct?

Notional Rankings = Present Rankings taking into account the last 52 weeks performance. 

Race to Tokyo Rankings = Rankings taking into account only the tournaments which will be part of Rankings at end of qualification procedure. 

On April 30 2020, both rankings will be same. 

1 hour ago, Shravan Kumar said:

I have seen many players complain about the compulsory participation rule in couple of years.

I think after the World Tour came out, players began to appreciate the Superseries era.

The World Tour is a mess because BWF is neglecting players more in order to please the sponsors

1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

I think after the World Tour came out, players began to appreciate the Superseries era.

The World Tour is a mess because BWF is neglecting players more in order to please the sponsors

Yeah they just want to maximize their income through sponsorship. They are not worried about players.

The Badminton World Federation (BWF) can confirm men’s singles world No.1 Kento Momota was involved in a motor vehicle accident in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on Monday morning. 

Momota sustained multiple laceration wounds to the face plus right maxillary sinus and nasal bone fracture and was taken to Putrajaya Hospital for treatment. He is in a stable condition.

The driver of the vehicle was killed. 

Three others were involved – Japan team assistant coach, Hirayama Yu; team physiotherapist Morimoto Akifumi; and Hawkeye system operator, William Thomas.

All three are in a stable condition. A BWF manager has been at the hospital throughout the morning to provide assistance to all parties involved.

https://bwfbadminton.com/news-single/2020/01/13/bwf-statement-on-incident-involving-kento-momota/

Edited by Wumo