website statistics

Athletics WA Diamond League 2020

Totallympics

Just now, Illya said:

I think, thai it's true. Competition score is the one of the most stupid things in athletics. But can we do anything else? 

Different systems for different events maybe :p 

I mean, 2.30m is always gonna be 2.30m. Sure, there's some influence from the competition itself, but nothing compared to for example a 5km, where the field has a huge influence on the tactics and so the possible time. Winning in 13:10 can in fact be more impressive than second in 12:50.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 минуты назад, heywoodu сказал:

Different systems for different events maybe :p 

I mean, 2.30m is always gonna be 2.30m. Sure, there's some influence from the competition itself, but nothing compared to for example a 5km, where the field has a huge influence on the tactics and so the possible time. Winning in 13:10 can in fact be more impressive than second in 12:50.

If WR consists only with Result Score, there will be interesting

• 4 weeks later...

Just under 24 hours until the return of the diamond league. Not a lot of big names though. I am excited for the pole vault battle between Lavillenie and Duplantis.

The Lausanne 'final' is going to be done remotely, with athletes competing in I believe seven stadiums around the world. No thanks :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Don’t want to be pedantic but.....

image.png

For those who don't understand the art as well as I haven't - the idea is that it's not a pipe, because you cannot take it and smoke it. It is just a picture of pipe, not pipe itself.

No, I didn't like art classes at school. Although that's from where Totallympics Media logo evolved after about ten years. ;)

Off we go....love the guys who have hired a cherry picker to watch.

Windy day in Lavillenie’s Garden Stadium.  Would not be a good time for his neighbours to do any nude sunbathing.

Busy evening if you are the person responsible for updating Norway’s National Records In Seldom-Run Events.

Now does Warholm’s time count as a WR?  My understanding has always been that a WR must be set in an actual competition to be valid.