website statistics

Athletics 2020 Discussion Thread

Wumo

9 minutes ago, Blue Swede said:

WR jump was Duplantis sixth jump in the competition.

More time to recoup in an olympic event,so I do not see the lenght as a big problem since Armand will start late(or perhaps having one warm up jump at say 5,60 and then jump again at say 5,80).

Problem is that gold medal height won´t recuire WR height.Winning the gold medal is nowadays normally enough for the athlete to stop the competition.

That DuPlantis will jump higher than 6,17 is very likely though..if it happens at the Olympic games is I agree debatable.

And they're right. Like Bubka did, there's way more money in taking WR's in big meets instead of major championships.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

No womens 2 meters jumps in Banská Bystrica tonight, Ukrainian clean sweep as Yaroslava Mahuchikh won the traditional Banskobystrická laťka with 1.96 ahead of her team mates Iryna Herashchenko and Yulia Levchenko both 1.93. 4th finished Chernjul of Slovenis 1.90, 5th Skoog (SWE) Trost (ITA) Spencer and Scheper (both LCA) all 1.85 followed by Palsyte (LTU) 9th also with 1.85 and Szabo (HUN) also in the top 10 with 1.85 as well.

The mens competition will start in a couple of minutes, Live on SVK national TV, RTVS 2

I'm actually watching the high-jumping in Slovakia via livestream. 

All I can say is that the male high-jumpers have a very bad music taste and Adrijus Glebauskas is also guilty of this picking something from our awful hip-hop scene. 

Airinė dropping out without reaching 1.90 is a good indication she is not yet recovered after her injuries.

8 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Luis Zayas (CUB) and Jamal Wilson (BAH) remains the only 2 in the competition, both just cleaned 2.31 and now both will try Tokyo standard attempts 2.33 @Wumo

Thanks :yes I follow the event over the livestream. High jump is after all one of my favourite disciplines in athletics. (Mostly due to being a former high jumper myself in my youth.)

Edited by Wumo