website statistics

Athletics 2020 Discussion Thread

Wumo

26 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

Nothing certain but probably injuries. Marek Plawgo wrote something about it on his twitter today but he didn't mention any names. Krzewina was even on start list so in his case it must be fresh. Krawczuk participated not so long ago in Chorzów at Kusociński's Meeting so it's also fresh but Omelko last start was in June.

That's just my guess but she started in Bydgoszcz at Szewińska's Meeting and later in Chorzów at Kusociński's. If she would participate also at NCh she had to run four or five times (depends if she would advance to the final plus relay) in 12 days. Maybe it's too much for 17-year old girl? Besides I think that one of NCh U23, U20 or U18 which all will be at September is her goal in this season.

Zalewski has some problem with health as he wrote on his facebook. Bednarek is ijnured, he didn't start in this season even once. I don't know if Śmietanka even continues her sport carier. Last time I heard of her was at ECh in Berlin. There's also no Adam Kszczot.

Krzewina was also on start list in Kusociński Memorial but he withdrew in last moment (just 2 minutes before race), same thing could happened here, I hope that he is ok, he had too much injuries recently

I just read that Zalewski decided to not compete due to "little" illness

Yes, Śmietanka last time started in 2018, it's so annoying that our women's pole vault collapsed so badly after end of Pyrek and Rogowska careers :wacko:

Kszczot might doesn't want compete because he isn't in the best shape, few days ago in Chorzów he pointed that he treats this season as a "fun" rather than serious competition.

16 years ago some crazy guy stopped Vanderlei de Lima from (probably) winning the Olympic gold in Athens 2004 men's Marathon race. I was reading the story and couldn't understand what he was trying to say ?

The Grand Prix priest. Israel fulfilment of prophecy, says the Bible. The second coming is near.

what's the prophecy ? is this something anti-Israel ? what's the relation between Israel and Jesus's return ? pardon my ignorance but I never had to read the bible :p

6 hours ago, MHSN said:

16 years ago some crazy guy stopped Vanderlei de Lima from (probably) winning the Olympic gold in Athens 2004 men's Marathon race. I was reading the story and couldn't understand what he was trying to say ?

The Grand Prix priest. Israel fulfilment of prophecy, says the Bible. The second coming is near.

what's the prophecy ? is this something anti-Israel ? what's the relation between Israel and Jesus's return ? pardon my ignorance but I never had to read the bible :p

It´s fine, it is quite a pretty thick book, Personally, I have never read more than page 3. :p

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

It´s fine, it is quite a pretty thick book, Personally, I have never read more than page 3. :p

For some awful reason, I read the entirety of Kings 1 and 2. I read a good part of the Pentateuch as well. Plus, a bunch of other assorted passages. II don’t remember why I was reading it, but I do know it was by free choice.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, MHSN said:

I don't think so. Lima himself said that he would have (probably) been overtaken anyways.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Today at Polish Championships we had good (or at least decent) results in men's (Marcin Krukowski wins with 83.51) and women's javelin throw (Maria Andrejczyk wins with 62.66, her SB), as well as in ofc women's 400m (Justyna Święty-Ersetic wins with 51.44)

The rest isn't worthy to mention, especially when it comes to women's pole vault.

With absence of Lewandowski and Kszczot on semifinals in 800m the winner was Michał Rozmys, he will be huge favourite for second gold here (after yesterdays gold on 1500m)

1 hour ago, rybak said:

With absence of Lewandowski and Kszczot on semifinals in 800m the winner was Michał Rozmys, he will be huge favourite for second gold here (after yesterdays gold on 1500m)

Probably but I wouldn't underestimate Borkowski. And from now on I start to watch Różnicki more closely. He really make impression on me.

21 hours ago, Col_Frost said:

Probably but I wouldn't underestimate Borkowski. And from now on I start to watch Różnicki more closely. He really make impression on me.

Różnicki won gold so yeah, you can watch him more closely now.

Rain has come down hard in the last hour - men's shot put is ruined by it, they're using leaf blower to clear water from the circle :lol:

24 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Rain has come down hard in the last hour - men's shot put is ruined by it, they're using leaf blower to clear water from the circle

And thanks to that Szyszkowski has silver, Bukowiecki only bronze. I'm waiting and waiting for Bukowiecki to start to dominate in the world... Man, how talented junior he was.

On 28/08/2020 at 20:26, rybak said:

Maybe you heard anywhere why either Krawczuk

It looks like Krawczuk doesn't have any injury cause he start today at 200m (he won gold) and later in relay. And talking about relay, very interesting squad of RKS Łódź: three middle-distance runner (including Adam Kszczot, another absence at this Championships) and one sprinter. Effect? Gold medal :d