website statistics

Athletics 2020 Discussion Thread

Wumo

Kyiv, Sunday 9 August (edited with official results):

w400h: Viktoriya Tkachuk 54.59 (big PB after missing last year through injury), Anna Ryzhykova 54.95, Mariya Mykolenko 55.99 PB

There were men's 100, 110H and 200, no outstanding results but Serhiy Smelyk ran 10.40/20.88 and Oleksandr Sokolov 10.45/20.90. No other women's events took place.

The national team champs were scheduled for this weekend just gone in Lutsk but were postponed till next weekend because of COVID related conditions in Lutsk and the surrounding area.

3 hours ago, Swewi said:

Daniel Ståhl 71.37 in discus throw in Stockholm yesterday

:yikes:

and 21.57 (outdoor PB, just 2 cm behind his indoor PB, set last March also in Stockholm) for Leonardo Fabbri in the men's shot put...:cheer:

happy to see him back to the pre-covid shape and to see his performance curve starting to raise again...maybe by next year we will have a world class athlete since quite some time (except for the race walkers, we have to go back to Tamberi's results before the 2016 injury)...

15 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

World Athletics live feed for Turku tomorrow night. 17:00 :GBR 18:00 :EUU etc etc.

looking at the official schedule on their website, I think the time is the Finnish one...so, it's 6 p.m. local, 5 p.m. CET, 4 p.m. back in the UK etc. etc. :mumble:

13 minutes ago, phelps said:

looking at the official schedule on their website, I think the time is the Finnish one...so, it's 6 p.m. local, 5 p.m. CET, 4 p.m. back in the UK etc. etc. :mumble:

I believe there is an undercard of Finnish domestic, U-18 events etc & that the International broadcast starts a bit later.