website statistics

Tennis 2020 Discussion Thread

rybak

22 minutes ago, rybak said:

It's official

A further update on the intended schedule beyond Roland Garros, including a possible Asia swing ahead of the European indoor swing culminating with the season-ending Nitto ATP Finals in London, is expected in mid-July.

Brak dostępnego opisu zdjęcia.

A lot of great tennis coming! US Open & Roland Garros about a month apart :bowdown:

10 minut temu, bmo napisał:

A lot of great tennis coming! US Open & Roland Garros about a month apart :bowdown:

I wonder if all top players will play in both slams, or if someone will miss masters in Rome and Madrid

15 minutes ago, rybak said:

I wonder if all top players will play in both slams, or if someone will miss masters in Rome and Madrid

Some Europeans will probably skip the hard court swing and start directly on clay. I don't expect it, but both Nadal and Djokovic have said they could miss the US Open. The clay swing is definitely in the better position.

I’d recommend starting this replay in the morning :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Anastazja Szoszyna and Kacper Żuk are winners in women's and men's singles of first Lotos PZT Polish tour tournament in Gdańsk. 

In the women's final Szoszyna beats Katarzyna Kawa by 6:7(3), 6:2, 6:3. While in men's Żuk wins over Daniel Michalski 2:6, 6:3, 6:3

Some photos from Gdańsk's tournament:

Today in Szczecin second tournament of this tour already started

2 hours ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Borna Coric has been tested positive as well.

also Dimitrov's coach and Djokovic's athletic trainer tested positive...

Djokovic himself apparently refused to be tested (he's long time famous for his support to idiot theories like no-vax and some other cospiracy ideas about covid-19)...