website statistics

Best Sports Moments of The (Correct) Decade From 2010-2019

Olympian1010

The Canada vs USA women's hockey final in Sochi, was ridiculous. Canada was losing 2-0 with only a few minutes left, but ended up winning in OT, and with it a 4th straight gold.

This game literally took a year of my life expectancy. Unreal lol.

hace 2 horas, Bohemia dijo:

Reminds me of Spain vs France in 2013 which was a memorable moment for me :p

I had almost forgotten that game! :cry: I thought you were going to select 2014 World Cup QF, which was an impressive victory for France.

Spain-France (basketball) has been the rivalry I have enjoyed the most this decade, just after Nadal-Federer-Djokovic. There have been really good games for both teams!

this is a no brainer...

+

but also these ones...

+

and the best day of my life (luckily, I was there)...

ops...I just realized that the last 3 events I posted didn't happen in the last decade...:yikes:

actually, they didn't happen even in this Century!!! :hyper::hairpull::facepalm:

well, this should give an idea of how old...ancient...jurassic am I...:rofl::old::cry::facepalm:

once again, Merry Christmas to you all, my friends! :toast:

I wanted to look for the greatest comebacks of the decade. On the web, I mostly found American sports, like baseball or handegg, that I do not follow.

I think this is the best topic to ask. One example in my mind is Formula 1, 2011 Canadian GP, when Jenson Button was in the pits 5 times, hit Alonso, hit teammate Hamilton, got a penalty, with 30 laps to go, he was dead last. Aaaand in the last lap he overtook Vettel for the win.

Can you mention examples of comebacks where a sportsperson dropped back to last, but miracously managed to win?

32 minutes ago, Pifta said:

Can you mention examples of comebacks where a sportsperson dropped back to last, but miracously managed to win?

Simen Hegstad Krueger at PyeongChang 2018 Skiathlon is one hell of a comeback I remember

23 hours ago, hckosice said:

Simen Hegstad Krueger at PyeongChang 2018 Skiathlon is one hell of a comeback I remember

Arguably the comeback of the decade. Though they Swiss comeback gives Krueger a run for his money.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The Associated Press has named Serena Williams and LeBron James as the athletes of the decade.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela