website statistics

Rio de Janeiro Summer Olympic Games 2016 News

2 horas atrás, carivan disse:

NBC's president has said that Olympics are a more of a "woman thing" and that they would rather have an athlete's "journey" than straight sports so that's why they produce the Games as a f*cking episode of The Voice filled with sob stories and crap.

That's so true. I watched the Gymnastics trials this weekend and I could break down their broadcast like this: 50% commercials; 30% interviews with athletes and families/sob stories/uplifting video clips; 20% actual competition.

Czech Republic Team.

105 Athletes will go to Rio. This is the smallest czech olympic delegation in history. :( also no team sport this time, but in other hand there many great medal contenders :thumbup:

The team still may be bigger the Czech NOC is waiting untill the 18th July for the confirmation place of Petr Koukal in Badminton and most likely 2 other athletes will be added in Hammer Throw Lukáš Melich and Filip Sasínek 1500m.

here the official full team after yesterdays NOC approval Session http://www.olympic.cz/upload/files/Nominace-na-OH-RIO-2016.pdf

7 hours ago, orangeman said:

They probably want to cut out the parade of nations, tbh.  I've seen lots of comments from Americans saying it's 'boring' to watch the other countries walk in.  I'm not saying all Americans, just the mainstream viewers.  American coverage of the Olympics, both Summer and Winter, is always horrid.  Many Americans depend on the Canadian feed to get real, live action.  I feel sorry for real American sport fans.  Then I remember all the medals they win, and I don't feel sorry anymore.  :d

nbcvsnasa.jpeg

Lol I am always furious when they cut it.. But it also has one positive effect, there will be less stupid, ignorant comments to small countries.

In my country we also have one TV channel that love to cut or delay sport event ceremonies. And they received a lot of criticism and pressure after showing 20-sec ad in the middle of a football match and skipped the national anthem (which Indonesians are really fanatic to). It is fortunate the Olympics is deemed not popular by them, so they don't monopolize the rights.

3 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Lol I am always furious when they cut it.. But it also has one positive effect, there will be less stupid, ignorant comments to small countries.

In my country we also have one TV channel that love to cut or delay sport event ceremonies.

And to think that for me Rai is one of the worst national TV.. We'll have 2000 hours in live, all ceremony and

all events in live (sometime we'll have 36 events at same moments :clap:)

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

And to think that for me Rai is one of the worst national TV.. We'll have 2000 hours in live, all ceremony and

all events in live (sometime we'll have 36 events at same moments :clap:)

I envy you :p (and other European TV too)

Our national TV boasted about extended broadcast than London 2012.... And it's only 160-something hours of live broadcast + ceremonies

1 minuto atrás, Griff88 disse:

I envy you :p (and other European TV too)

Our national TV boasted about extended broadcast than London 2012.... And it's only 160-something hours of live broadcast + ceremonies

Here we have two channels (one public, other a paid channel) that both advertise they have the "exclusive rights for the olympics" and that they'll have "exclusive channels dedicated to Rio 2016". So, I don't know yet what's gonna be broadcasted, but with dedicated olympic tv channels i'm hoping to see a lot of events :d

16 minutos atrás, Griff88 disse:

In my country we also have one TV channel that love to cut or delay sport event ceremonies. And they received a lot of criticism and pressure after showing 20-sec ad in the middle of a football match and skipped the national anthem (which Indonesians are really fanatic to). It is fortunate the Olympics is deemed not popular by them, so they don't monopolize the rights.

Though we don't have ignorant comments, you just remembered me of a ignorant commentator we had, who used to disrespectfully talk during national anthems on football matches, and that sometimes started to talk stupid things like "And here you see, Spanish players and supporters refuse to sing the Spanish anthem as they are angry with their government!" (Spanish anthem has no lyrics..... :wall:)

5 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Here we have two channels (one public, other a paid channel) that both advertise they have the "exclusive rights for the olympics" and that they'll have "exclusive channels dedicated to Rio 2016". So, I don't know yet what's gonna be broadcasted, but with dedicated olympic tv channels i'm hoping to see a lot of events :d

:cry:

At least we have our national TV (Athens 2004 wasn't broadcasted in my country....), where people only watch when there are multisport events.

3 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Though we don't have ignorant comments, you just remembered me of a ignorant commentator we had, who used to disrespectfully talk during national anthems on football matches, and that sometimes started to talk stupid things like "And here you see, Spanish players and supporters refuse to sing the Spanish anthem as they are angry with their government!" (Spanish anthem has no lyrics..... :wall:)

Hahaha (as an anthem enthusiast this is a disgrace). During Euro 2016 match between Spain and Italy the same comment also come from Indonesian commentators. "We can see the difference between Italian passionate players and Spanish players who barely sing anything during the playing of national anthems". I wish I was able to teleport there and shout "If you don't know anything, you'd better shut up".