website statistics

Handball 2020 Discussion Thread

Vektor

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know when the Pan American Championships are taking place this year? I mean men and women? As far as they are this year (from my calculations and Wikipedia) they should be played, but nowhere have I found neither the dates nor the teams that are participating.

1 hour ago, TomJa said:

Does anyone know when the Pan American Championships are taking place this year? I mean men and women? As far as they are this year (from my calculations and Wikipedia) they should be played, but nowhere have I found neither the dates nor the teams that are participating.

I was searching for the dates as well but the federation is still suspended.

4 hours ago, TomJa said:

Well, we have the South & Central Championships about to begin tomorrow so the safe bet is, there will be no Pan American Champs this year :p  4 of 6 entered teams from this tournament will qualify for the 2021 WCh in Egypt.

The North & Carribean Championship will begin on March 31st and the winner of that will also qualify for World Champs.

5 godzin temu, Monzanator napisał:

Well, we have the South & Central Championships about to begin tomorrow so the safe bet is, there will be no Pan American Champs this year :p  4 of 6 entered teams from this tournament will qualify for the 2021 WCh in Egypt.

The North & Carribean Championship will begin on March 31st and the winner of that will also qualify for World Champs.

Oh my mother :mad:On this continent, they always have to combine. Even Oceania is already playing together in the championship with Asia. Only America always has to combine.

Edited by TomJa

8 godzin temu, Sindo napisał:

I was searching for the dates as well but the federation is still suspended.

I have also looked through all continental federations and are tempted to write to international, but they probably don't know either.

I watched some goals and I'm pretty sure the bolivian players don't have anyone above 170cm in the team. 

And since this is a round robin they still have to play Brazil...

Btw there was a big upset, Uruguay defeated Chile! Both will likely qualify anyway.