website statistics

Football 2020 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

Meanwhile our local team secured their first medal in 23 years and even got into 2nd place with 2 rounds left.

People quickly forgot about the corona celebrating the medal together in the streets and 3 buss loads (and most likely plenty of cars as well) leaving for the airport to welcome the team after beating FC Copenhagen.

Aussie star player Mustafa Amini has even been taken out of the squad for a few days to get tested as he celebrated with the fans (you see him croud surfing in the first video). He has been injured and uncertain for the last matches, but he will be missing.

Przed chwilą, Monzanator napisał:

Polish media report Christian Gytkjaer has flown to Italy where he's set to join AC Monza - newly promoted to Serie B. @Agger

Do you think this is a good move for your striker? Because when I read people's opinion on Twitter, opinions are divided. Some believe that he is making a mistake, others that it is the best decision of the teams that was interested in him.

6 minutes ago, TomJa said:

Do you think this is a good move for your striker? Because when I read people's opinion on Twitter, opinions are divided. Some believe that he is making a mistake, others that it is the best decision of the teams that was interested in him.

I'm not a fan of Lech Poznan by any means. Well, this looks like follow the money deal. At age 30 Gytkjaer is kinda too old to make a big splash on the market, they said Monza is owned by Silvio Berlusconi so that probably explains things a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Belgium or Holland but Serie B it is.

22 hours ago, Agger said:

Meanwhile our local team secured their first medal in 23 years and even got into 2nd place with 2 rounds left.

People quickly forgot about the corona celebrating the medal together in the streets and 3 buss loads (and most likely plenty of cars as well) leaving for the airport to welcome the team after beating FC Copenhagen.

Aussie star player Mustafa Amini has even been taken out of the squad for a few days to get tested as he celebrated with the fans (you see him croud surfing in the first video). He has been injured and uncertain for the last matches, but he will be missing.

Is a top-3 finish (but not 1st) in Denmark actually celebrated and counted as 'a medal'? :yikes:

I've never heard of a medal-like concept in a national football competition :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Is a top-3 finish (but not 1st) in Denmark actually celebrated and counted as 'a medal'? :yikes:

Sure it is. Here also there are medals for the champions and second/third places teams in the league. They gave even a small cup to our third place team Slavia this year, as far as i saw. :d

9 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Sure it is. Here also there are medals for the champions and second/third places teams in the league. They gave even a small cup to our third place team Slavia this year, as far as i saw. :d

I had no idea that was a thing in some places. I can only remember clubs fighting for 3rd instead of 4th because it gives some qualifying advantage for Europe or something, but not because of a medal :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It is a medal here.

Some fans of bigger teams (results-wise) think it's laughable how much we celebrate it, but we don't really care.

48 minut temu, Monzanator napisał:

I'm not a fan of Lech Poznan by any means. Well, this looks like follow the money deal. At age 30 Gytkjaer is kinda too old to make a big splash on the market, they said Monza is owned by Silvio Berlusconi so that probably explains things a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Belgium or Holland but Serie B it is.

I'm also not a mega fan of Lech. I think the Dane chose the most sensible in the end in Serie B he has a better chance of playing than in the clubs in Turkey and others who were interested in his services.

3 minutes ago, TomJa said:

I'm also not a mega fan of Lech. I think the Dane chose the most sensible in the end in Serie B he has a better chance of playing than in the clubs in Turkey and others who were interested in his services.

Someone like Dawid Kownacki who was several years younger moved to Sampdoria before and It's debatable whether he's truly a better striker considering how he flamed out there. Gytkjaer's age affects his market more than anything else IMO.