website statistics

Football 2020 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

I can't wait for people to go and say "Ok so these are the best footballers ever!" because they made the most goals :d :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I can't wait for people to go and say "Ok so these are the best footballers ever!" because they made the most goals :d :lol: 

They're definitely one of the best players ever and all of them were main stars of their generation :d

8 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

They're definitely one of the best players ever and all of them were main stars of their generation :d

Not denying that, but I always find it funny when people only look at the most prolific goalscorers when it's about who is the best player ever :p 

No, those are (more or less) the most famous players ever, not necessarily the best :d (defenders won't be nearly as famous as prolific goalscorers, with a few exceptions of course, yet there is no doubt you'd also have to include quite a lot of defenders when discussing the best players ever)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Not denying that, but I always find it funny when people only look at the most prolific goalscorers when it's about who is the best player ever :p 

No, those are (more or less) the most famous players ever, not necessarily the best :d (defenders won't be nearly as famous as prolific goalscorers, with a few exceptions of course, yet there is no doubt you'd also have to include quite a lot of defenders when discussing the best players ever)

Ofc defenders are always underrated in world of football actually I was talking about this during an episode of my training radio course when FIFA announced the players who made the shortlist for 2018 best players but I didn't feel like that I can be be a radio presenter at the end of the course ?

So, today we have the final of the naional cup here in Denmark.

It's one of the first matches with more than 500 people on the stadium (I think it was about 1900 spectators).

There are pretty clear rules about keeping the distance and other things due to the Covid-19 situation.

But now the match has been stopped for about 15 minutes due to some fans not following the rules and standing way too close together

Seems like 50 (or so) spectators have left the stadium.

What a farce and what a sad situation for people like me who had really looked forward to finally go to the stadium (I'm personally hoping to be there sunday)