website statistics

Football 2020 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

:SVK The Slovak football league may probably be arguably one of the least attractive and least interesting competitions in the world, but according to this ranking, it is in the first place in the world in one thing....

our league field the most players under 21 years...

well, that´s also a way to enter the world news :lol:

https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2019/wp294/en/

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

:SVK The Slovak football league may probably be arguably one of the least attractive and least interesting competitions in the world, but according to this ranking, it is in the first place in the world in one thing....

our league field the most players under 21 years...

well, that´s also a way to enter the world news :lol:

https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2019/wp294/en/

On the other hand just about every Slovak player - not named Ondrej Duda or Jan Mucha - who arrives in the Polish Ekstraklasa is at least 30 years old :p

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

On the other hand just about every Slovak player - not named Ondrej Duda or Jan Mucha - who arrives in the Polish Ekstraklasa is at least 30 years old :p

obviously It's the highest time to start earning some real money and secure your family before the end of your career. In Slovakia, salaries are much lower. Apart from hockey, athletes can hardly get rich in this country (unless you are medalists from big events ofc, in this case there are some significant rewards from the state etc)

• 2 weeks later...

this was Egypt road to bronze medal in football U20 world cup 2001 in Argentina the only medal in an international stage for Egypt in Football , i think some players in this video would be familiar like Saviola , Maxi Rodriguez , Van der Vart , Klas Jan Huntelaar and Robben who was just 17 in this tournament and he was on the bench while we were playing Netherlands back then , our team top scorer and main star of this tournament was mohamed Al Yamany he was really a promising talent and scored some really beautiful goals here but unfortunately he had a very hard accident just after the tournament and as he was lucky enough to be alive but he didn't return the same player he was after this accident 

20 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I remember pretty well. I think I went to two group games and the final. Very nice tournament with many goals and stars.  There were also Essien, Muntari, Kaká, Adriano.

there were some famous coaches also like Van Gaal , Jose Peckerman and Raymond Domenech for France 

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

this was Egypt road to bronze medal in football U20 world cup 2001 in Argentina the only medal in an international stage for Egypt in Football , i think some players in this video would be familiar like Saviola , Maxi Rodriguez , Van der Vart , Klas Jan Huntelaar and Robben who was just 17 in this tournament and he was on the bench while we were playing Netherlands back then , our team top scorer and main star of this tournament was mohamed Al Yamany he was really a promising talent and scored some really beautiful goals here but unfortunately he had a very hard accident just after the tournament and as he was lucky enough to be alive but he didn't return the same player he was after this accident 

Jeez, Van der Vaart, Huntelaar and Robben were in World Cups (be it U20) in 2001?! :yikes:

No way I was watching that stuff back then, but somehow I do 100% remember Van der Vaart's national team debut. Not against which nation it was, I just somehow vividly remember the moment he entered the pitch (in sort of grey shirts, I believe), no idea why :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

56 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Jeez, Van der Vaart, Huntelaar and Robben were in World Cups (be it U20) in 2001?! :yikes:

No way I was watching that stuff back then, but somehow I do 100% remember Van der Vaart's national team debut. Not against which nation it was, I just somehow vividly remember the moment he entered the pitch (in sort of grey shirts, I believe), no idea why :d 

yeah and the goalkeeper was Marteen Steklenbeerg , i remember also those shirts i thin it was during WC 2006 qualifications something like that :d

10 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

yeah and the goalkeeper was Marteen Steklenbeerg , i remember also those shirts i thin it was during WC 2006 qualifications something like that :d

It was in 2001 against Andorra (2002 WC qualifiers, that didn't go so well), apparently I had the shirts entirely wrong because this is the moment when he came in for Victor Sikora :d 

2048x1152.jpg

2001 was still firmly in Edwin van der Sar's time :p 

Two years later it was Wesley Sneijder's entry, I do remember he had made his debut (two matches) and then in the Euro qualifier playoffs against Scotland, which went bad in the first match, the coach threw the whole thing around and in the return young Sneijder was the absolute star and the team demolished Scotland 6-0 :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It was in 2001 against Andorra (2002 WC qualifiers, that didn't go so well), apparently I had the shirts entirely wrong because this is the moment when he came in for Victor Sikora :d 

2048x1152.jpg

2001 was still firmly in Edwin van der Sar's time :p 

Two years later it was Wesley Sneijder's entry, I do remember he had made his debut (two matches) and then in the Euro qualifier playoffs against Scotland, which went bad in the first match, the coach threw the whole thing around and in the return young Sneijder was the absolute star and the team demolished Scotland 6-0 :d 

no i meant that Steklenburg was the goalkeeper of dutch team in U20 WC :d how can u have Edwin van der sar and replace him with Steklenburg :d