website statistics

Football 2020 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

11 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Rugani juve player and italy has caught coronavirus :cry: some news refers that de ligt also is infected 

If one player is infected, one can assume there's going to be quite a lot more.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

Milan Škriniar (Inter Milano) won the Player of the Year 2019 award. Due to the Coronavirus pandemic the gala has to be cancelled and the slovak football federation SFZ just announced the results on its website...

Player of The Year 2019

1. Milan Škriniar (Inter Milano :ITA)

2. Martin Dúbravka (GK - Newcastle Utd :ENG)

3. Marek Hamšík (Dalian Yifang :CHN)

pQGi9HkqQQr9EOI4ryaeiQ.1280~Futbalista-r

U21 Player of The Year 2019 (Peter Dubovský Trophy)

1. Róbert Boženík (Feyenoord Rotterdam :NED)

pI_VIDWRQEmjdXi6xwIazg~Cena-Petra-Dubovs

Coach of The Year 2019

1. Ján Kozák jr. (ŠK Slovan Bratislava)

2. Martin Ševela (Zaglebie Lubin :POL)

3. Pavel Hapal :CZE  (Slovakia Mens National Team)

6Z5cilH7T933TFASyQLDCQ.1280~Tr-ner-roka-

Female Player of The Year 2019

1. Dominika Škorvánková (Bayern Munich :GER)

2. Mária Korenčiová (GK - AC Milano :ITA)

3. Alexandra Bíróová (SKN St. Polten :AUT)

8-Vkz2cXTuqA85IVntX7Eg.1280~Futbalistka-

As football is put on standby during the coronavirus pandemic, "interesting/strange" stories can at times pop up. 

Okay here is one from Danish football:

Today, a Danish newspaper could tell that the football club, B.93, has sent a request to DBU (Danish Football Association) to be officially crowned as the Danish Champion of the 1927/1928 season. At the time there was no winner, as B.93, B1903 and BK Frem all finished at the same amount of points after the playoffs. The three teams each got 6 points, and when rematches couldn't be held, DBU decided not to crown a Danish champion.

B.93's decision to sent a request to DBU is based on the fact that the club wants its second star on its jerseys. The traditional club has won the Danish Championship nine times. The rules prescribe that a Danish club may have one star on its club jersey for every five championships. Thus B.93 needs a tenth championship to be able to get its second star.

In the letter the club has sent to DBU, they write the following:

"Our proud club, which is one of the largest in Denmark, has won the official Danish championship nine times. Last one in 1946. Such an achievement gives us the right to have a star over our logo. Since 1928, however, there has been a debate as to whether B.93 was 'cheated' for a tenth championship in the 1927/1928 season.

B.93, B1903 and BK Frem all finished, as mentioned before, with six points each after four games. Back then, according to rules, rematches had to be played to determine the champion. However, the matches were never held. Therefore, in their letter, B.93 has proposed three solutions: 1. That B.93 is crowned as the champion. 2. That all three teams are crowned as champions. 3. That the current decision stands by its power.

At the time, DBU decided that two out of the three clubs should say yes before rematches could be played. However, there was only one club that voted yes. And it wasn't actually B.93 that voted yes. It was B1903. B.93 was invited to Norway to play some matches which is why they did not think rematches could be played. 

The Chairman of B1903, Benny Olsen, has said about this case;

"We were actually the only club that wanted to play. It was the other two clubs who did not want to

And he is not at all in favor of taking the decision made by the DBU in 1928. The rules were, as they were then. And my position is that you should not change that. DBU handled it according to the rules at that time. It may seems as some foolish rules, but you can't come 92 years later and say that the decision wasn't correct or fair. Also, you can't have three champions for the same season. But it is DBU's decision if they change it, and I will accept it. I will fully respect it of course". He states that things were not decided at the time by goal difference. If that was the case, B.93 would have been the clear champion as they finished with a goal score of plus 14, whereas BK Frem and B1903 only had a plus 8 goal difference.

BK Frem does understand B.93's in some way. However, they do not agree with B1903 that a championship can't be shared by all three clubs.

"I can live with awarding B.93 their tenth championship, so they can get one more star. But it can't only be one of the clubs which are awarded the championship. So either it is all three, or you have to stand by the original decision", says Per Jakobsen, chairman of BK Frem. 

DBU will now decide if B.93, all three clubs or none of the them will win another trophy.

The Deputy Director of DBU, Kenneth Reeh, has confirmed that he will make a recommendation which will be sent to DBU's Honorary department/group.

They must look at the matter before it is settled by the board of directors of DBU. However in the group, sits a man who, in his own words, is unfit to take a decison in this case, as the chairman of B1903, Benny Olsen, is member of the group.

Edited by Wumo

What on earth would the motivation be for only crowning B.93 champion?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What on earth would the motivation be for only crowning B.93 champion?

I have no clue to be honest. The only reason could be that B.93 had a much better goal difference, but as written above, this was not something you considered back then in the league. Also, I can't really get my head around the fact that a club comes with such a request 92 years after it was decided for the sole purpose of getting a second small gold start over their logo! If they was the only club who wanted to play the rematches then I could somewhat understand some of their argumentation. But the fact they rejected a rematch, I don't really see how B.93 could be crowned as the only champion. 

I think their main reason for bringing this up again is with the hope that DBU will change their decision so all three clubs will be crowned as champions, so they can get that second little star. 

20 minutes ago, Wumo said:

I have no clue to be honest. The only reason could be that B.93 had a much better goal difference, but as written above, this was not something you considered back then in the league. Also, I can't really get my head around the fact that a club comes with such a request 92 years after it was decided for the sole purpose of getting a second small gold start over their logo! If they was the only club who wanted to play the rematches then I could somewhat understand some of their argumentation. But the fact they rejected a rematch, I don't really see how B.93 could be crowned as the only champion. 

I think their main reason for bringing this up again is with the hope that DBU will change their decision so all three clubs will be crowned as champions, so they can get that second little star. 

Or also somewhat if they had recently won their 9th title and so now the 10th would suddenly make a difference, but they won that when the echoes of the WW2 artillery had barely even died down :facepalm: 

UEFA may consider to exclude clubs from leagues, who choose to end their season prematurely (as of now), from participating in UEFA's club competitions next season. 

Spoiler

Billede

Billede

Luckily UEFA has not lost sight yet of the real focus: income.