website statistics
Jump to content

Men's Rugby Sevens AR Asian Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2019


vlad
 Share
Followers 1

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also shouldn't South Korea face Singapore? They were the second best team while Singapore should be the seventh placed team.   Unless they ignore wins/points and only went with point differe

Now have the best chance in a century to qualify for a team sport finally. If they play the way they did in Asian Games losing to Japan in semis 10-12, we could see something interesting here.   

Perfectly acceptable. Missed the quarter finals on points difference then won the consolation matches to finish 9th,

:SRI  Now have the best chance in a century to qualify for a team sport finally. If they play the way they did in Asian Games losing to Japan in semis 10-12, we could see something interesting here. 

 

All matches will be livestreamed on facebook on Asian Rugby Page. 

Edited by Fly_like_a_don
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

:SRI  Now have the best chance in a century to qualify for a team sport finally. If they play the way they did in Asian Games losing to Japan in semis 10-12, we could see something interesting here. 

 

All matches will be livestreamed on facebook on Asian Rugby Page. 

Isn't Hong Kong the best team in Asia

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Nope in Men's it's Japan.

Korea ,Hong Kong and Sri Lanka are all on the same side. (2nd best )

I’d be fine with :HKG or :SRI, but I’d be a bit sad if the spot went to :KOR

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’d be fine with :HKG or :SRI, but I’d be a bit sad if the spot went to :KOR

Interesting how strong a team Hong Kong can turn out for Olympic qualifiers.

IOC rules are much stricter than World Rugby rules when it comes to nationality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Means? So IOC has different rules for different sports? 

 

no, it's the opposite...ioc rules are for all sports and are a lot stricter than those of some international federation, IRB being the worst among them (in Rugby Union, a National team can play also with people who don't have a passport of that Country, only a couple of years in that same national championship -and not having played for another National team for quite a while- are enough to become eligible to play for a given NT)...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, phelps said:

 

no, it's the opposite...ioc rules are for all sports and are a lot stricter than those of some international federation, IRB being the worst among them (in Rugby Union, a National team can play also with people who don't have a passport of that Country, only a couple of years in that same national championship -and not having played for another National team for quite a while- are enough to become eligible to play for a given NT)...

Even table tennis has many Chinese players 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share
×
×
  • Create New...