website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2021

George_D

7 minutes ago, nenad said:

One of the better things happening for Italy was all these guys being out, you wouldn't had same production from Mannion if Belinelli is playing not to mention two key players Polonara and Fontechio. 

yeah, I agree with you...

but I think we need at least someone else to play the atypical 4-5 role in Tokyo, because Melli and Tessitori alone aren't enough...

so, I think Gallinari and Datome should be back (as said, Datome is the true captain of the team and he will be back for sure if he's healthy)...

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

fiba has also 5-min highlights (not that good, but still)...

Italy vs Serbia game is available in full lenght on raiplay (it was on Rai3 last night at 8.30 p.m.)...of course for registered users (it's free and you can do it from every part of the world), I think you also need a vpn...

https://www.raiplay.it/video/2021/07/Basket-Torneo-Qualificazione-Olimpica-Finale-Italia-Serbiadel-04-07-2021-9757d6cc-ea86-4731-ba87-bc20677a5202.html

Czech Republic vs Greece is available in full lenght on the CT website (also here, a vpn is required)...

https://www.ceskatelevize.cz/porady/10162222914-basketbal/221471291032308-kvalifikace-na-oh/

the other 2 games I think you only have the livebasketball.tv paid service option...:mumble:

CZE-GRE is now on ČT Sport re-live :) currently 2nd quarter (45-38 for CZe 2 minutes and something to the half-time)

22 minutes ago, phelps said:

yeah, I agree with you...

but I think we need at least someone else to play the atypical 4-5 role in Tokyo, because Melli and Tessitori alone aren't enough...

so, I think Gallinari and Datome should be back (as said, Datome is the true captain of the team and he will be back for sure if he's healthy)...

For tokyo, will be back for sure GAllinari and BAnchero. Datome and Belinelli? I don't know. Hackett not.

1 minute ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

For tokyo, will be back for sure GAllinari and BAnchero. Datome and Belinelli? I don't know. Hackett not.

Banchero is in Duke's hands...I'm not sure they will release him, especially if he has to complete some classes to be eligible to play the next NCAA season (which is the only thing that counts for Duke and for him)...

Belinelli must stay home...he clearly didn't trust this group's chances and his presence in tokyo would destroy the locker room's atmosphere...

he's another Sinner...he doesn't deserve a place with our National team as a man more than under any technical point of view (and frankly he's not that useful to the team on the floor, too after we've watched Mannion and Pajola do what they did this week...I'd rather invest on Spagnolo replacing Spissu, but it won't happen, not with Sacchetti as a coach at least)...

7 minutes ago, phelps said:

Banchero is in Duke's hands...I'm not sure they will release him, especially if he has to complete some classes to be eligible to play the next NCAA season (which is the only thing that counts for Duke and for him)...

Belinelli must stay home...he clearly didn't trust this group's chances and his presence in tokyo would destroy the locker room's atmosphere...

he's another Sinner...he doesn't deserve a place with our National team as a man more than under any technical point of view (and frankly he's not that useful to the team on the floor, too after we've watched Mannion and Pajola do what they did this week...I'd rather invest on Spagnolo replacing Spissu, but it won't happen, not with Sacchetti as a coach at least)...

i'm agree, but... Italy is a fantastic team, with too few players. In Belgrade, only 6-7 men was really in play. Spissu, Abass, Vitali, Moraschini, are about nothing... we can give 4-5 players? I think is impossible. So, welcome GAllinari, welcome Banchero (who had choosen Italy. Why, if not for Olympic GAmes?), and welcome Datome. More doubt for Belinelli, stop for Hackett. 

14 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Before the tournament, I expected Brazil to lose at some point, but after reaching the final and against Germany, among all teams, I suddenly had big hopes for Brazil qualifying. It looks like I shouldn't keep my hopes up when it comes to Brazilian basketball. 

What do you mean with „against Germany, among all teams“?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

13 hours ago, MHSN said:

are Italy and Germany going to add some big names to their squads for the OG ? Belinelli, Hacket, Datome, Galinari ? btw Schroder was the main cheerleader in Split. what about him ?

or maybe too early to ask , they just qualified tonight :d

For Schröder the insurance was too expansive, he also won’t be in Tokyo. Germany will probably be without Schröder, Theis, Kleber, Hartenstein, F. Wagner, Pleiß and Zipser.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.