website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2021

George_D

Congrats Czech Republic! You played a great game with great shooting, very impressive.

Unfortunately once again we failed to qualify in both men's basketball and women's water polo. We are a joke. We are easily the most pathetic country in Europe and possibly the whole world. So embarrassing and we always get worse and worse. They should just cancel the Olympics to save ourselves from more embarrassment. Really just a disgrace how we've declined so much and have gotten used to being mediocre in so many sports where we should be good and used to be good. Shameful and disgraceful :cry:

Can the four final/deciding matches be rewatched anywhere (spoiler free)? I believe I saw FIBA only has live streams of the press conferences on YouTube, that's not exactly what I'm looking for :d

Good spoiler-free highlight videos are fine too.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 hours ago, rybak said:

So, Slovenia, Germany and Italy are in. Last free spot in team sport for Tokyo will be decided between Czech Republic and Greece. I bet that Greece will qualify.

Btw. I'm sad about loss of Polish team yesterday against :LTU, especially that our guys played very good first half :( Now we will wait about 20 years or more for another huge chance to qualify to basketball olympic tournament....

Or maybe only 3 years. If Italy, Germany and Czechia can qualiy for Tokyo, than Poland can qualify for Paris. :) 

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Can the four final/deciding matches be rewatched anywhere (spoiler free)? I believe I saw FIBA only has live streams of the press conferences on YouTube, that's not exactly what I'm looking for :d

Here are the highlights:

https://m.youtube.com/c/ILoveBasketball/videos

10 hours ago, MHSN said:

are Italy and Germany going to add some big names to their squads for the OG ? Belinelli, Hacket, Datome, Galinari ? btw Schroder was the main cheerleader in Split. what about him ?

or maybe too early to ask , they just qualified tonight :d

Datome is injured, but if he recovers from that, he will be in the Olympic roster for sure...

most likely, Gallinari will join the team, too...

Belinelli there's no chance he makes the team now, after he gave up this qualification tournament only because "he felt he was too tired after the club season" (just an excuse...he simply didn't trust the chance to qualify)...

Hackett I think has some issues with coach Sacchetti, he's never been used that much since Meo is on the bench...I don't think he will be in the Olympic roster...

the only other "big name" missing is Paolo Banchero...he wasn't in Belgrade because Duke University didn't release him due to academical requirements...frankly, I don't know if he's done with that or if he will have to study all Summer long (and I don't know if he's in good shape right now, too)...my guess is that he won't be in Tokyo, too...

in the end, I think we will have the same team as in Belgrade with Datome and Gallinari replacing Abass and one between Moraschini or Ricci...

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

Datome is injured, but if he recovers from that, he will be in the Olympic roster for sure...

most likely, Gallinari will join the team, too...

Belinelli there's no chance he makes the team now, after he gave up this qualification tournament only because "he felt he was too tired after the club season" (just an excuse...he simply didn't trust the chance to qualify)...

Hackett I think has some issues with coach Sacchetti, he's never been used that much since Meo is on the bench...I don't think he will be in the Olympic roster...

the only other "big name" missing is Paolo Banchero...he wasn't in Belgrade because Duke University didn't release him due to academical requirements...frankly, I don't know if he's done with that or if he will have to study all Summer long (and I don't know if he's in good shape right now, too)...my guess is that he won't be in Tokyo, too...

in the end, I think we will have the same team as in Belgrade with Datome and Gallinari replacing Abass and one between Moraschini or Ricci...

One of the better things happening for Italy was all these guys being out, you wouldn't had same production from Mannion if Belinelli is playing not to mention two key players Polonara and Fontechio. 

54 minutes ago, crovitlaci said:

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you! :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

fiba has also 5-min highlights (not that good, but still)...

Italy vs Serbia game is available in full lenght on raiplay (it was on Rai3 last night at 8.30 p.m.)...of course for registered users (it's free and you can do it from every part of the world), I think you also need a vpn...

https://www.raiplay.it/video/2021/07/Basket-Torneo-Qualificazione-Olimpica-Finale-Italia-Serbiadel-04-07-2021-9757d6cc-ea86-4731-ba87-bc20677a5202.html

Czech Republic vs Greece is available in full lenght on the CT website (also here, a vpn is required)...

https://www.ceskatelevize.cz/porady/10162222914-basketbal/221471291032308-kvalifikace-na-oh/

the other 2 games I think you only have the livebasketball.tv paid service option...:mumble: