website statistics

Ice Cross Discussion Thread

Olympian1010

21 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I am surprised Bach hasn't gotten an interest in it. Its urban after all

It’s so Urban it happens in towns like Igora and Perce :p. In all honesty I’d love to see it on the Winter Olympic program. I’d only need 48-64 quotas I think. 32 a gender would be fine. There’s just not enough countries yet, and the federation like only 3-5 years old. It’s also run by the some of the skaters, so I’m not sure if they know the first thing about getting IOC recognition :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s so Urban it happens in towns like Igora and Perce :p. In all honesty I’d love to see it on the Winter Olympic program. I’d only need 48-64 quotas I think. 32 a gender would be fine. There’s just not enough countries yet, and the federation like only 3-5 years old. It’s also run by the some of the skaters, so I’m not sure if they know the first thing about getting IOC recognition :p

I do think they are on their way to eventually getting IOC recognition, though. Nice to see it isn’t just a Red Bull made for TV sport anymore.

Just now, NearPup said:

I do think they are on their way to eventually getting IOC recognition, though. Nice to see it isn’t just a Red Bull made for TV sport anymore.

Yeah, it’s actually nice to see that Red Bull is starting to take a different route with their top tier events. They openly encourage athletes to make the competitions as legitimate as possible, which is very nice of course.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...

Schedule for the new season, as well as, a link to the new website: https://www.icecross.com/en/races/

• 1 month later...

There are only two 1000-events? :yikes: 

I feel like this too is just going downhill, no pun intended.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

36 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

There are only two 1000-events? :yikes: 

I feel like this too is just going downhill, no pun intended.

There should be three 1000 events? They only mean for their to be 2/3 1000 events. They want more 500/250 events.

Edited by Olympian1010

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

There should be three 1000 events? They only mean for their to be 2/3 1000 events. They want more 500/250 events.

It feels like there used to be 4-5 big events and a couple of smaller events. This calendar just seems like a collection of small events :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!