website statistics

Ice Cross Discussion Thread

Olympian1010

It’s that time of year again. Nur-Sultan will be a new stop. No top tier races in the US, Canada, or Finland this year.

The dates can seen if you go to the actual post on Facebook.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

It’s that time of year again. Nur-Sultan will be a new stop. No top tier races in the US, Canada, or Finland this year.

The dates can seen if you go to the actual post on Facebook.

Much better version of the schedule from the actual international federation:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Only three top tier races (which I assume is the tier promoted as Red Bull Crashed Ice?)? That's sort of sad..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Only three top tier races (which I assume is the tier promoted as Red Bull Crashed Ice?)? That's sort of sad..

That’s how it was last year too. There used to be four year. The problem is the Crashed Ice races are just super expensive. The ATX 500 races are basically top tier races too. The difference is the courses are a bit shorter/slightly easier, and there may be less skaters at an event. There will also be ATX 250 and ATX 100 events. Overall, I’m fine with the schedule and rankings. Plus, countries like :MAR:CRC:BEL have skaters. Should be a fun season.

So let's try and actually keep up and post streaming links in time this winter :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Percé has a race, really? Lol that’s a small village in the middle of nowhere xD

Well it's not like Judenburg is a metropolis or something, that's just a bunch of trees they race through basically :p 

36 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Percé has a race, really? Lol that’s a small village in the middle of nowhere xD

24 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well it's not like Judenburg is a metropolis or something, that's just a bunch of trees they race through basically :p 

The ATX 250’s are cooler because the courses are generally more natural (frozen snow), and more spectator friendly. A lot of these small villages/towns they visit also go all out for the events, which creates a great atmosphere. The ATX 1000 events will all be streamed. I would imagine most of the 500 ones will be too. All Russian events will be livestreamed because their federation is loaded with money (like every federation in Russia)

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Judenburg is actually an order of magnitude bigger than Percé, and way less remote.

Believe me, I've been to Percé a couple time. It is far from civilization.