website statistics

Totallympics Introduction Thread

heywoodu

2 hours ago, call me matt said:

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum, but as I heard some of you might know me from my Twitter account @2020athletes. I think you know this has been suspended, officially due to violating impersonation rules (it seemed a bit too official & one can use emblems when the account is not too popular. With my last few tweets I reached some tens of thousands of impressions which triggered the alarm). My mistake, but there's nothing I can do about it now.

In any case, my name is Matej (you can call me Matt) & I come from Slovenia. I might not be the most active member here but I will try to get into discussion when I have the time :)

We already have one Matt here and I'm sure he will greet you once he wakes up (he's from the land where it never rains - but it pours, man, it pours), so let's just stay with Matej ;) I'm sure this is the right place for you. Enjoy!

51 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

We already have one Matt here and I'm sure he will greet you once he wakes up (he's from the land where it never rains - but it pours, man, it pours), so let's just stay with Matej ;) I'm sure this is the right place for you. Enjoy!

But we never call Matt Matt here so I'm sure Matt won't mind if we call Matej Matt, right Matt?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, call me matt said:

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum, but as I heard some of you might know me from my Twitter account @2020athletes. I think you know this has been suspended, officially due to violating impersonation rules (it seemed a bit too official & one can use emblems when the account is not too popular. With my last few tweets I reached some tens of thousands of impressions which triggered the alarm). My mistake, but there's nothing I can do about it now.

In any case, my name is Matej (you can call me Matt) & I come from Slovenia. I might not be the most active member here but I will try to get into discussion when I have the time :)

Hi Matt, I’m Matt :bye:

I am very familiar with your Twitter account. It was a favorite page of mine until it was taken down. I believe I tweeted at you a few times as well. I’m sorry that you got too popular and official looking :d

Always nice to another Matt around (and another Slovenia. We absolutely love members who participate in discussions, so don’t be sacred to. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to forum @Nick Frith! Hopefully those PC2018 replays start working for you soon :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 23/03/2020 at 10:15, call me matt said:

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody :thumbup:

I obviously didn't know about the other Matt, so I leave it up to you to decide how you address me :) Looking forward to getting to know you all here

Sory but its imposible to have two of you, a dead duel will decide who continue here and who not.....

2 hours ago, konig said:

Sory but its imposible to have two of you, a dead duel will decide who continue here and who not.....

Nah, I’m easy going, he can be Matt. From now on, I’ll shall be addressed as Xavier Cornelius Hypocrites Napoleon Leonidas Voltaire Mandela Coubertin the Third.

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Nah, I’m easy going, he can be Matt. From now on, I’ll shall be addressed as Xavier Cornelius Hypocrites Napoleon Leonidas Voltaire Mandela Coubertin the Third.

I can call you Betty and Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al.

6 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

I can call you Betty and Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al.

I didn’t grow up in the 50s, so I don’t understand this reference. :p