website statistics

Totallympics Introduction Thread

heywoodu

Paraguay, cool, welcome :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Welcome @raphaelcoliveira! You’re our first user from :PAR! Enjoy the forum (especially since the Pan American Games start next week).

Yeah I remember him from the old forum. He registered Paraguay in one of the TISCs but sadly he did not enter a song.

Nice to see him back.

1 hour ago, Ustatsch said:

Thank you. I don't know how active I will be, as I'm usually more a person that likes to read others opinions than give their own. But we'll see.

And thanks to Sindo for quickly fixing the :SUI flag after I brought up the issue to him.

Well, always feel free to say something when you want too. My opinions are very shared on here, so enjoy reading them :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Greetings all!  My name is John and I live in San Francisco but was born in Canada and am still a Canadian citizen.  Happy to be here.

I am producing an Olympian documentary series featuring short stories about Olympians with inspiring and compelling stories.  I am about to enter post-production on my first two stories and have a website with all the info.  The documentary series is titled "Beyond Bronze, Silver and Gold" and here is the link;

https://www.beyondbronzesilverandgold.com

I hope to be spending more time here and contributing what I can.  Cheers!

Independent Producer of

Olympian documentary series

59 minutes ago, Csapo said:

Thank you and also welcome @Ustatsch

Welcome fellow Californian :hatoff:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Welcome fellow Californian :hatoff:

Thank you! and yes a Californian but also a transplanted :CAN in California!

This is a fantastic site.  I love how it is formatted and it clearly has a ton of information and opinions!   I want to let everyone know the reasons I'm here.

I've been an Olympic junkie since watching the ABC Network TV coverage of the '68 Mexico City Games.  The vivid memories I have of Tommy Smith/John Carlos/Peter Norman stories, USA long jumper Bob Beamon crumbling to his knees in disbelief after landing a jump over 29' and USA swimmer Debbie Meyer winning gold in the 200/400/800 freestyle events.  It is a passion that has stayed with me through all the summer and winter games to date.

Because of my passion, I have begun producing a short story documentary series based on (living) Olympians.  These documentary stories feature Olympians who were not necessarily medal winners or in the limelight, but Olympians with amazing, inspiring and compelling stories.  My series is titled Beyond Bronze, Silver and Gold.  I have completed filming of two Olympian stories and hope to begin post-production in August.  Once these are completed I will be seeking distribution, in hopes of continuing to bring more of these wonderful stories to a screen.

I am constantly in research mode, digging to unearth these amazing untold stories.  I have identified quite a few, which will require much more research, but I am always on the hunt.  My series is open to winter, summer and para Olympians and open to stories of Olympians from all included Olympic countries and Olympic events.  Should you know of an untold inspiring story of a living and deserving Olympian, please don't be shy.  I'd love to chat with you.

Thank you again and really looking forward to my time here on Totallympics!

Independent Producer of

Olympian documentary series