website statistics

Totallympics Introduction Thread

heywoodu

1 minute ago, NMQ said:

Hi, used to follow the blog before Rio and a couple of days ago found the forum while searching for Tokyo qualifying systems. Decided to stop lurking and here I am :) 

Awesome! Hello, welcome and feel free to join in any discussion :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, NMQ said:

Hi, used to follow the blog before Rio and a couple of days ago found the forum while searching for Tokyo qualifying systems. Decided to stop lurking and here I am :) 

Welcome!

I remember that i was doing same thing in 2011 and look at me,7 years later i am still here. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome to Totallympics new user @RiSeGwangFan feel free to enjoy and post on our forum. 

I am curious as to why you like so many Korean athletes though, if you don’t mind answering that question. (I myself have a soft spot for athletes from Kazakhstan, Andorra, Monaco, Liechtenstein)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

28 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Welcome to Totallympics new user @RiSeGwangFan feel free to enjoy and post on our forum. 

I am curious as to why you like so many Korean athletes though, if you don’t mind answering that question. (I myself have a soft spot for athletes from Kazakhstan, Andorra, Monaco, Liechtenstein)

Yet the coolest North Korean athlete ever isn't in his list :(

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 19 horas, Olympian1010 said:

Hi! Thanks!! :)  I started to love the North Korean sport from Beijing 2008, mainly by Hong Un Jong winning gold in artistic gymnastics, defeating the favorite and local, the talented Cheng Fei. I researched more and learned from his past achievements in that sport, from the achievements of Kim Gwang Suk and Pae Gil Su.
Since then I am supporting them in the championships, Ri Se Gwang whom I admire for the great difficulty of his vaults, this year he became three times world champion in his favorite apparatus. In Diving since I saw Kim Kuk Hyang I am rooting for her, I knew that I would defeat my compatriots, and that's how it was. I also support athletes from other countries, I missed many of my own country, I just wanted to make the most of those athletes who are often marginalized, maybe because they are not the best or because they are from where they are.  I would like them to someday know that not only in their own nation are there people who support them.