website statistics

Women's Field Hockey FIH Olympic Games Qualifier 2019

Totallympics

So if South Korea had qualified, several players would have had to be sacrificed in order to make space for much lesser North Korean players? That doesn't seem fair, at all.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, LDOG said:

A pity considering it was agreed recently that they would present an unified team with N. Korea in this sport for Tokyo.

It would be a pity to force the South Korean players to sacrifice their roster spots and their chances at winning games. At least in women's ice hockey North Korea and South Korea were comparably ranked teams.

hace 2 minutos, heywoodu dijo:

So if South Korea had qualified, several players would have had to be sacrificed in order to make space for much lesser North Korean players? That doesn't seem fair, at all.

Likely South korean authorities don't give a crap about this sport. They have same mentality as the chinese (no medal chances = we don't care). Also I'd guess it would be just 2 or 3 northern girls.

All the sports they selected to be combined are sports they can't hope to win medals in. Of course they wouldn't agree to an unified archery team for example.

Edited by LDOG

Just now, LDOG said:

Likely South korean authorities don't give a crap about this sport. They have same mentality as the chinese (no medal chances = we don't care). Also I'd guess it would be just 2 or 3 northern girls.

All the sports they selected to be combined are sports they can't hope to win medals in. Of course they wouldn't agree to an unified archery team for example.

I know, much like the ice hockey thing last time - which I found cool on one side, but also very unfair on the other :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Wow, epic comeback so far :yikes: