59 minutes ago, rybak said:

:JPN team for first part of the season:

• Ryoyu Kobayashi
  • Junshiro Kobayashi
  • Yukiya Sato
  • Daiki Ito
  • Noriaki Kasai
  • Naoki Nakamura

This Kasai kid seems like a talented one, curious how he'll do!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 4 weeks later...

:NOR team for Wisla:

Daniel-André Tande

Robert Johansson

Johann André Forfang

Robin Pedersen

Thomas Aasen Markeng

Marius Lindvik

It's a bit of a surpise that Halvor Egner Granerud has not been selected. He was 15th in the overall world cup and 3rd best Norwegian last season. He was also the 3rd best Norwegian jumper in the summer grand prix, so I would have expected to see him here. However, he was 56th in the qualification last year in Wisla. It could be a reason. Besides, they probably want to see how the young Thomas Aasen Markeng can perform in the World Cup. It was most likely a decision between Granerud and Pedersen and they likely selected Pedersen because of Granerud's poor perfomance on the hill last year.

Something like 24 hours before the start of the new season in Wisla. Let´s start with a small quick preview

This time we will have 36 races, including the prestigeous 4 Hills Tournaments in Germany and Austria during the new years holidays period. The whole world cup 2019/20 edition will finish in Vikersund 14th and 15th March, one week later Planica will host the Ski Flying World Championships (20.-22. March) to close the whole season.

Ryoyu Kobayashi will enter the season as the big globe defender and will try to be the only second ski jumper in history to win the world cup back to back two years in a row after the legendary finn Janne Ahonen. To achieve that the japanese will need to get as close as possible to his previous season´s shape which he completely dominated. He confirmed his dominance of the season also by winning all 4 hills tournament races (After Sven Hannawald and Kamil Stoch only the third jumper in history with this perfect record)

The Austrian Stefan Kraft, who finished second in the last season, should be one of the most serious opponents of the Japanese in the overall ranking. + Traditionally the strong Poles, Norwegians and German ski jumpers willl be certainly the other world cup big globe contenders.

The Germans under the austrian coach Stefan Horngacher will have anyway to miss this whole season their PC 2018 Normal Hill Olympic champion Andreas Wellinger due knee injury but are waiting for the return of Severin Freund from last years major injuries, his come back is expected already this december.

2019/20 WC Season:

23.-24.11.  Wisla ( :POL) Team LH + Individual LH

30.11-1.12. Ruka ( :FIN) 2x Ind. LH

7.-8. 12.   Nizhniy Tagil ( :RUS) 2x Ind. LH

14.-15.12.  Klingenthal ( :GER) Team LH + Individual LH

21.-22.12.  Engelberg ( :SUI) 2x Ind. LH

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

29.12.      Oberstdorf ( :GER)  4 Hills Tournament (Ind. LH)

1. 1.       Garmisch-Partenkirchen ( :GER) 4 Hills Tournament (Ind. LH)

4.1.       Innsbruck ( :AUT) 4 Hills Tournament (Ind. LH)

6.1.       Bischofshofen ( :AUT) 4 Hills Tournament (Ind. LH)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

11.-12.1.  Val di Fiemme ( :ITA) 2x Ind. LH

18.-19.1.  Titisee/Neustadt ( :GER) 2x Ind. LH

25.-26.1.  Zakopane ( :POL)   Team LH + Individual LH

1.-2.2.    Sapporo ( :JPN)   2x Ind. LH

8.-9.2.    Willingen ( :GER)  2x Ind. LH

15.-16.2.  Kulm ( :AUT)      2x Ind. Flying Hill

21.-22.2.  Rasov ( :ROU)   2x Ind. LH

29.2.-1.3. Lahti ( :FIN)   Team LH + Ind. LH

7.3.-8.3.  Oslo ( :NOR)   Team LH + Ind. LH

10.3.      Lillehammer ( :NOR) Ind. LH

12.3.      Trondheim ( :NOR)   Ind. LH

14.-15.3.  Vikersund ( :NOR)  World Cup 2019/20 Finale, Team Flying Hill + Ind. Flying Hill

------------------------------------------------------------------------

20. - 22.3. Planica ( :SLO )  Ski Flying World Championships. Team Flying Hill + Ind. Flying Hill (4 Rounds event)

If Kobayashi shows half his form of last season, the crystal globe is gone for everyone else :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

24 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Something like 24 hours before the start of the new season in Wisla. Let´s start with a small quick preview

This time we will have 36 races, including the prestigeous 4 Hills Tournaments in Germany and Austria during the new years holidays period. The whole world cup 2019/20 edition will finish in Vikersund 14th and 15th March, one week later Planica will host the Ski Flying World Championships (20.-22. March) to close the whole season.

Ryoyu Kobayashi will enter the season as the big globe defender and will try to be the only second ski jumper in history to win the world cup back to back two years in a row after the legendary finn Janne Ahonen. To achieve that the japanese will need to get as close as possible to his previous season´s shape which he completely dominated. He confirmed his dominance of the season also by winning all 4 hills tournament races (After Sven Hannawald and Kamil Stoch only the third jumper in history with this perfect record)

The Austrian Stefan Kraft, who finished second in the last season, should be one of the most serious opponents of the Japanese in the overall ranking. + Traditionally the strong Poles, Norwegians and German ski jumpers willl be certainly the other world cup big globe contenders.

The Germans under the austrian coach Stefan Horngacher will have anyway to miss this whole season their PC 2018 Normal Hill Olympic champion Andreas Wellinger due knee injury but are waiting for the return of Severin Freund from last years major injuries, his come back is expected already this december.

Could you please remind me and @Olympian1010 why aren't you an author at Totallympics Media? Such a text would fit it perfectly.

1 hour ago, Vojthas said:

Could you please remind me and @Olympian1010 why aren't you an author at Totallympics Media? Such a text would fit it perfectly.

it's definitely an interesting offer. but I have to refuse, I am already extremely busy. Taking further commitments would not be fair from me to you.

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

it's definitely an interesting offer. but I have to refuse, I am already extremely busy. Taking further commitments would not be fair from me to you.

Lame :p. I completely understand, that’s why I hadn’t bothered to offer you a position long ago. The same goes for @phelps, although I believe I did offer him a spot :d

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

We should really do a prediction contest (an official forum one) for the 4 Hills Tournament one of these days :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela