:lol:

In Slovak language:

Slovakia - Slovensko

Slovenia - Slovinsko

Slovak female - Slovenka

Slovenian female - Slovinka

:p

Slovak Language - In Slovak (Slovenčina),

Slovene Language - In Slovenian (Slovenščina)

So, who the vak created the 'vak' and exported it? :hairpull:

Alright, well that pretty much ruins my suggestion about how to lessen Slovakia/Slovenia confusion.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Alright, well that pretty much ruins my suggestion about how to lessen Slovakia/Slovenia confusion.

Well, if Slovakians start calling themselves Slovačko instead of Slovensko, then everything is solved. :whistle:

I guess this is what happens when you forget to pattent your name. I wonder who called themselves Slovensko first.

#banbestmen

12 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, if Slovakians start calling themselves Slovačko instead of Slovensko, then everything is solved. :whistle:

I guess this is what happens when you forget to pattent your name. I wonder who called themselves Slovensko first.

It’s not unique.  There are about a dozen groups worldwide calling themselves Gauls, Gaels, Galls or some minute variation.

Speaking of languages... I guess my most interesting language experience happened last year when we visited Slovenia. I expected there to be a bit of a language barrier, but in the end things turned out to be much more intelligible than expected...

We understood each other quite well, however I got a feeling that Croatian is somewhat more intelligible to Slovenians than the other way around...

#banbestmen

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

Not to forget Galicia and Galicja. :evil:

Although this one seems quite random.

No, both of those were at one time the same Keltic people.  Also Galata in Turkey!

The Keltic languages were the most widespread in Europe before the Roman Empire.  Literally from Ireland to the Urals.