website statistics

Luge FIL World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

It's interesting how Kindl completely dominated the early part of the last season and then got DQ'd in Lake Placid. He hasn't been anywhere near the podium ever since.

One has to wonder if he was doing something really shady with his sled...

#banbestmen

20 hours ago, dcro said:

None of the German doubles will be anywhere near the podium in Lillehammer! :yikes:

Last doubles podium without Germans on it was more than 10 years ago.

should they race consistently year aftyer year in Lillehammer and Sigulda, we would likely see more races with no Germans on the podium (and hoping that soon also Cortina becomes one of those tracks)...:whistle:

11 godzin temu, dcro napisał:

Ukrainians will be getting a shitload of funding following these memorable achievements at the European Championships. :champion:

image.png

Say what you want, but it's an honor for Dukach and Mandziy that they finished in the top ten as Bley and Egger :p.

Jakub Simonak and Daria Obratov both made their commentating debut I think, both were excellent as always :d 

I liked Simonak's English, with the best statement being about a crash: "But that's the luge of sport" :p And Tim Singer had to explain to Obratov she doesn't need to call everyone 'Mr', but she was definitely trying to be as polite as possible :d 

Oh how I love the sliding sports and their use of still very much active athletes as guest commentators :) 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Jakub Simonak and Daria Obratov both made their commentating debut I think, both were excellent as always :d 

I liked Simonak's English, with the best statement being about a crash: "But that's the luge of sport" :p And Tim Singer had to explain to Obratov she doesn't need to call everyone 'Mr', but she was definitely trying to be as polite as possible :d 

Oh how I love the sliding sports and their use of still very much active athletes as guest commentators :) 

Dania*

Mostly it was nice to hear some of the Slavic names pronounced correctly (for once). :evil: And, yes, we don't sound like Russians when speaking English (it's not just Dania).

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Dania*

Mostly it was nice to hear some of the Slavic names pronounced correctly (for once). :evil: And, yes, we don't sound like Russians when speaking English (it's not just Dania).

I'm still hoping to hear Demchenko in the booth, but I'm not sure her English is good enough.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

48 minut temu, heywoodu napisał:

I'm still hoping to hear Demchenko in the booth, but I'm not sure her English is good enough.

It seems to me that there is a misleading stereotype that people from Russia or Ukraine cannot speak English. At my university there are a lot of students from Ukraine, which speaks English fluently and only in this language you can get along with them. And as Demchenko deals with English, to be honest I didn't have the opportunity to verify.