website statistics

Luge FIL World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

Taubitz isn't exactly stepping up yet.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 hours ago, dcro said:

Moldova made the main race. :cheer:

Also, looks like a certain Dutch athlete may have found herself some decent equipment...

Which one of the sisters? When I checked they seemed to still be a country mile behind in the Nations Cup..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

What kind of nonsense is this?

ZdYgjaZ.png

I am so confused by this result :d 

vnXrYLz.png

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Which one of the sisters? When I checked they seemed to still be a country mile behind in the Nations Cup..

The sisters? :MDA qualified in Men's Doubles. However, everyone except a Chinese pair qualified. They were second to last, only beating a Austrian pair. 

https://www.fil-luge.org/cdn/uploads/rlncdoubles-32.pdf

Just now, heywoodu said:

I am so confused by this result :d 

vnXrYLz.png

usual Igls result...those starting early had a big track advantage...

and many girls made big driving mistakes here and there (Voetter managed to completely mess up the start, just to make an example)...

overall, not a good 1st run for Russia and Germany (despite Tiebel's being currently in 2nd place) in particular...

however, this women's world cup season announces itself to be quite interesting (at least on the tracks outside Germany...on their races, I expect also girls like Taubitz and Tiebel on top of the rankings...

Just now, Wumo said:

The sisters? :MDA qualified in Men's Doubles. However, everyone except a Chinese pair qualified. They were second to last, only beating a Austrian pair. 

https://www.fil-luge.org/cdn/uploads/rlncdoubles-32.pdf

But I quoted @dcro, who said "Also, looks like a certain Dutch athlete may have found herself some decent equipment..." :p 

Now, there's only two Dutch athletes in luge at the moment, which he'll definitely know of since they both came over from Croatia a year and a half ago or so. But I didn't really see any improvement there :d