website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing FIS Ski Tour 2020

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

5 Norwegians in Top 6 for women and 8 Norwegians in the Top 12 for men.

I wonder who the hell is watching this crap outside of Norway? :lol:

:whistle:

Didn't much watch women's race, even though Oestberg surprised me, but was entertained by men's. Bolshunov in last 10k - just amazing. Also, the scenic route was great,I wondered a bit how they don't go some wrong way. Just white, white, white. ;)

I also liked yesterday's sprint. Not a great fan of usual sprints, so maybe that's why...

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

5 Norwegians in Top 6 for women and 8 Norwegians in the Top 12 for men.

I wonder who the hell is watching this crap outside of Norway? :lol:

here I am...:p

for 2 good reasons...

first, the landscape of today's race was simply amazing...I love those places...

second, since the women's race itself was basically senseless, our broadcasters (they also refused to follow the race carefully :rofl:) put on a show analyzing the very sad situation of our Nordic Disciplines and made it the most interesting 90 mins of the day (and not only of the day)...:lol:

7 minutes ago, phelps said:

here I am...:p

for 2 good reasons...

first, the landscape of today's race was simply amazing...I love those places...

second, since the women's race itself was basically senseless, our broadcasters (they also refused to follow the race carefully :rofl:) put on a show analyzing the very sad situation of our Nordic Disciplines and made it the most interesting 90 mins of the day (and not only of the day)...:lol:

Polish TV broadcasts the endurace races so there are enough snowy landscapes there too. It's obvious Tour de Ski has lost its juice so FIS had to come up with a new Tour located in Norway because it's the only country where people actually follow cc these days. I haven't watched a single World Cup race since the 2019 Nordic WCh and it seems like the next time I'm gonna watch one will be the 2021 Nordic WCh :p

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Polish TV broadcasts the endurace races so there are enough snowy landscapes there too. It's obvious Tour de Ski has lost its juice so FIS had to come up with a new Tour located in Norway because it's the only country where people actually follow cc these days. I haven't watched a single World Cup race since the 2019 Nordic WCh and it seems like the next time I'm gonna watch one will be the 2021 Nordic WCh :p

also Italian TV shows the Ski Classic Tour...and tbh, I prefer races like Birkebeiner, Marcialonga or Vasaloppet to the current World Cup races (with very few exceptions)...

being myself born and grown up in a (relatively) big, messy, heavily polluted city, those places in the middle of nature are always very attractive to me...

Little late to the party because I could only find time to watch yesterday's races last night and today, but damn that Meråker stage was freaking beautiful :wub: 

And what a showing from Bolshunov, holy moses :bowdown:

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 hours ago, phelps said:

also Italian TV shows the Ski Classic Tour...and tbh, I prefer races like Birkebeiner, Marcialonga or Vasaloppet to the current World Cup races (with very few exceptions)...

being myself born and grown up in a (relatively) big, messy, heavily polluted city, those places in the middle of nature are always very attractive to me...

Yeah we got it one year in Britain by some freak, and a very snowy year as well.  Quite a lot of the big names do at least some of the races especially late season when all the sprints are on.  Otherwise it is on pay TV, but at a completely unrealistic price.  I’m one of those eccentric people who likes to save up races I haven’t seen to watch off-season. :raspberry:

Thomas Maloney-Westgaard :IRL got within half a second of qualifying for the sprint heats in Trondheim :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!