website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing FIS Tour de Ski 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

16 hours ago, Federer91 said:

In my experience, the main reason people start losing interest in sports is because of the athletes. Either their favorites don't compete anymore, or someone who they don't like starts dominating. It's not because of the disciplines, the schedules or the procedures. If there is no one you are invested in, it's very hard to get behind the race.

Like you said, you were most interested in the Lukas Bauer era. Because you were growing up with him, and he is czech and he was winning. It's easy when things align in such a perfect way to be hooked up in the race every year. If he was competing in presented day, you probably wouldn't mind the sprints and Mass starts that much. 

This is so much true for me. If i look 10 years in the past, football, tennis and F1 were my top 3 sports all the time. Now those three are almost completely ignored by me and pretty much reduced to checking the scores and highlights here and there.

If this was true for me, I'd watch a whole lot less cross-country skiing, Nordic combined, skeleton and bobsleigh (to name just a few) :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I don't know what you're using, but here it still looks as good as the same as it has for years, with a few tiny, tiny changes.

I meant, after they changed the site it´s now impossible to post the results in our results portal. I think I´ve already explained it to you once

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

I meant, after they changed the site it´s now impossible to post the results in our results portal. I think I´ve already explained it to you once

Ah yeah, that problem I remember. On the other hand, their results pages are excellent, very clear and have nation codes instead of flags (so you can use Ctrl + F), a link is really more than enough instead of doing double work :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

We can make fun of it all we want though, so far this year's Tour de Ski has already provided probably the finish (at least in terms of sprint) of the season in cross-country skiing.

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

We can make fun of it all we want though, so far this year's Tour de Ski has already provided probably the finish (at least in terms of sprint) of the season in cross-country skiing.

I haven't heard about it so it probably wasn't any special :lol:

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I haven't heard about it so it probably wasn't any special :lol:

Sure, sure, coming back from way behind in the last 50 meters to still take the win...by someone who only had one previous World Cup win (in a rather weak stage in Pyeongchang) :p 

Just now, heywoodu said:

Sure, sure, coming back from way behind in the last 50 meters to still take the win...by someone who only had one previous World Cup win (in a rather weak stage in Pyeongchang) :p 

I still don't have a clue what are you talking about. I don't watch cross country anymore like I mentioned before.

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

I still don't have a clue what are you talking about. I don't watch cross country anymore like I mentioned before.

Obviously if you don't follow a sport you don't get the great moments of said sport, that makes perfect sense. I don't get the best moments in karate because, well, I just don't care about karate :p 

Just now, heywoodu said:

Obviously if you don't follow a sport you don't get the great moments of said sport, that makes perfect sense. I don't get the best moments in karate because, well, I just don't care about karate :p 

I remember Silvio Fauner spoiling the Norwegian party in 1994 so let's don't pretend you know everything and I know nothing. Either post the video example of this great finish from this week or stop trolling :evil: