website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing FIS Tour de Ski 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Awful day for :USA, top place only 20th. :(

Not sure what happened to Diggins and Maubet Bjornsen.  That's a shame considering the Americans were off to such a good start in the World Cup season

5 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Latuillière has switched to cross-country this year

That explains why I've seen her in cross-country so often this season :d 

Interesting choice, she was never specifically fast or something in biathlon.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Kirkpatrick said:

They could've put one tiny 30 km interval race. Mass starts suck most of the time.

It's bullshit there hasn't been a single long stage in it for years anyway, and the last A-to-B-stage was already in 2013 :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dcro said:

And it was always largely inconsequential. :finger:

But still something somewhat unique in the World Cup.

FIS is fucking up the sport anyway, with it's eternal focus on shorter races and more freestyle.

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

But still something somewhat unique in the World Cup.

FIS is fucking up the sport anyway, with it's eternal focus on shorter races and more freestyle.

Yeah I like the classic races. I like it all; Sprint, Individual, and Mass Start. I do wish they’d focus on longer distances for the Tour De Ski. There should 1 (maybe 2) sprint(s), a short individual, a long individual, 2 (or 3) (very) long mass starts, and the final stage up the climb (in pursuit format). There should also be no break days either. Also, there should be 100% more @brunamoura in it :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

18 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah I like the classic races. I like it all; Sprint, Individual, and Mass Start. I do wish they’d focus on longer distances for the Tour De Ski. There should 1 (maybe 2) sprint(s), a short individual, a long individual, 2 (or 3) (very) long mass starts, and the final stage up the climb (in pursuit format). There should also be no break days either. Also, there should be 100% more @brunamoura in it :p

The Tour de Ski should be as good of a mix of everything as possible and indeed a pursuit style final climb, as it's been since 'forever'....until now. I just really, really don't understand FIS' thought process in that change: how on earth is it better for any TV viewer to go from 'the positions you see on TV are the real positions' to 'you see things on TV, but without calculating you don't know the results'?

Also: mixed feelings about that last statement, it'd be absolutely awesome, but it'd make for a significantly more boring New Year's Eve here at home :p 

Huh? The final climb is not a pursuit anymore?

Yep, wiki...

E1H4geR.png

That's some thrill gone from the last day.

Also, two sprints. :wall:

(ok, that's not new - used to be one or two last couple of years)

Edited by Kirkpatrick