website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing FIS Tour de Ski 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

Wow Dominik Bury! I am full of admiration that he managed to beat Niskanen and lost so much to Klaebo :hyper:!

10 minut temu, Kirkpatrick napisał:

Andorra 9th. :cool:

Esteve Altimiras loves this mountain. A year ago 10, today 8. In a year, if the Russians and Norwegians will not escape him, TOP 5 is within his reach.

Edited by TomJa

9 hours ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Andorra 9th. :cool:

Altimiras is an athlete I have high hopes for. He’s been proving that he can stay with the big nations lately. I really hope he gets a surprise medal at some point. He’s really good in the long distance mass starts.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Did anybody actually prefer the mass start format to the pursuit format for the final climb?

I didn’t watch most of the Tour because I find it boring, so it didn’t make a huge difference to me. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 godzin temu, NearPup napisał:

Did anybody actually prefer the mass start format to the pursuit format for the final climb?

11 godzin temu, Olympian1010 napisał:

I didn’t watch most of the Tour because I find it boring, so it didn’t make a huge difference to me. 

In my opinion, the quintessence of Tour de Ski is this ascent to Alpe Cermis. Since Justyna Kowalczyk has ceased to dominate in the races, it is for this ascent that I only watch this stage of the Tour de Ski. This year I tried to watch the whole thing, but after the first two stages I got the Tour de Norway again, so I quit, but the last race with me is regardless of the previous solutions I have to watch.

Em 28/12/2019 em 23:43, Olympian1010 disse:

Yeah I like the classic races. I like it all; Sprint, Individual, and Mass Start. I do wish they’d focus on longer distances for the Tour De Ski. There should 1 (maybe 2) sprint(s), a short individual, a long individual, 2 (or 3) (very) long mass starts, and the final stage up the climb (in pursuit format). There should also be no break days either. Also, there should be 100% more @brunamoura in it :p

It's kind ?

The plan is to work on making my points lower for qualifying within 2 years.

Em 29/12/2019 em 00:04, heywoodu disse:

The Tour de Ski should be as good of a mix of everything as possible and indeed a pursuit style final climb, as it's been since 'forever'....until now. I just really, really don't understand FIS' thought process in that change: how on earth is it better for any TV viewer to go from 'the positions you see on TV are the real positions' to 'you see things on TV, but without calculating you don't know the results'?

Also: mixed feelings about that last statement, it'd be absolutely awesome, but it'd make for a significantly more boring New Year's Eve here at home :p 

I love you!!! ????