website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing FIS Tour de Ski 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

35 minutes ago, Kirkpatrick said:

So, Oestberg wins actually. But then Johaug wins by 0.3 if wiki is correct?

Oestberg won the pursuit, because she crossed the line first. Oestberg also won the race in terms of FIS points (where only today's times count) because she made up some time to Johaug and beat her. Johaug had the 2nd fastest time, Nepryaeva (who finished 4th) had the 3rd fastest time.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Think that maybe Pat and Mike, infamous Eurosport duo, don't know the rules completely as well as me. Constantly talking about bonus seconds at the finish, but apparently, there were none of those in today's race. Thinking that Bolshunov needed 24 seconds advantage to be in front to lead after the race (leads by 16 seconds now), and that Klaebo would be a minute over, but he's only 26s behind.

They do get bonus points, which I'm not sure what they're about.

They "become" seconds, and are deducted from the time before final day? Something like that?

Edited by Kirkpatrick

17 hours ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Think that maybe Pat and Mike, infamous Eurosport duo, don't know the rules completely as well as me. Constantly talking about bonus seconds at the finish, but apparently, there were none of those in today's race. Thinking that Bolshunov needed 24 seconds advantage to be in front to lead after the race (leads by 16 seconds now), and that Klaebo would be a minute over, but he's only 26s behind.

They do get bonus points, which I'm not sure what they're about.

They "become" seconds, and are deducted from the time before final day? Something like that?

i think they have prize money also for the skiiers winning most bonus points, so the bonus points race is a parallell competition 

Women's sprint final is way more diverse than men's. 4 Russians and two Norwegians there, including all three favourites for the Tour de Ski title. 

Both Oestberg and Johaug stopped in semi-final, Neprayeva marches on though (EDIT: not anymore - fall after some 50 meters). Cheering on Lampić there (EDIT2: Yes!).

Edited by Kirkpatrick

Final climb last year: 

Ustiugov 31:47.6

Bolshunov 32:34.1 (+0:46.5)

Klaebo 32:51.3 (+1:03.7)

9 kilometers then, and think only Ustiugov really gave it all upon that hill, but couldn't managed to catch Klaebo. Don't think Bolshunov really tried hard, was 1:40+ before final stage.

Krueger and Roethe were awesome, and easily the fastest guys with almost 30 seconds better time then the third closest (which wasn't any of the top 3).

Roethe 30:32.0

Krueger 30:33.3

Today I'd rather watch that small group of three, but we'll get huge one of 40+ athletes, yet another mass start.

Girls will be interesting, Johaug isn't that impressive this Tour, but the last time she raced on this hill, 2016, she left the others minute and a half behind!