website statistics

Skeleton IBSF World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Sungbin Yun was much more convincing two years before, plus he actually always had a strong start. :p

I am well aware and it ain't looking so bright, but I'm not one to give up on my hypes that easily :banana:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Laraja said:

Is there any live streaming? I'd love to watch Skeleton, Luge and Bobsleigh competitions.

You, sir, have stumbled upon one of the world's best (groups of) sports in terms of watching it both live AND on-demand :bowdown: :cheer:  As phelps explained

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 4 weeks later...

Watching today's competitions in La Plagne, where they're back after quite some years. I don't remember seeing this track before but I love it :yikes:

It's so....smooth, big, fast, awesome!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Watching today's competitions in La Plagne, where they're back after quite some years. I don't remember seeing this track before but I love it :yikes:

I guess it was just more romantic (like all tracks) back when it wasn't fully hidden under the roof.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

I guess it was just more romantic (like all tracks) back when it wasn't fully hidden under the roof.

No doubt about that, much like in speed skating where the tracks that are the best to watch are the rare outdoor tracks. I just very much like the whole layout though, roof or not.

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Ya, it’s a good track. They went a couple years before Sochi but they had to stop for a while because the Sochi track hired the La Plagne icemaster for the 2014 Olympics.

On 08/12/2019 at 19:07, dcro said:

Victory for Jungk. Future Olympic champions were off the pace, even with Lake Placid supposedly being like their home track. ;)

And there's Geng Wenqiang's first ever podium, tied with Yun for 3rd. 

Spoiler

fba5acb88a1424d45e69e39efeff15068576c2d8

2 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I am just waiting to see which Italian will win gold in 2026.

Amadeo Bagnis. Italy might have a slightly smaller advantage compared to South Korea and China, because I'm guessing an Italian track is going to be used for more international competitions than those two, but still. Bagnis is on fire lately, very impressive 11th in his World Cup debut and yesterday he won his second consecutive Europe Cup race. Plus he's still really young.