website statistics

Men's Cricket ICC T20 World Cup 2021

Totallympics

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

:PNG  Qualified for their First ever ICC Men's T20 World Cup. 

:IRL Also Qualified for the 2020 WC in Australia. 

Qualifying Playoffs :

1.:NAM     vs.      :OMA

2.:NED      vs.     :UAE

Both Oman’s and the UAE’s cricket teams have been getting steadily better the last few years. It will be interesting to see they continue that trend to become the best non-commonwealth nations. Though both were part of the commonwealth at one time I believe.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Both Oman’s and the UAE’s cricket teams have been getting steadily better the last few years. It will be interesting to see they continue that trend to become the best non-commonwealth nations. Though both were part of the commonwealth at one time I believe.

I have always protested against Oman,  UAE,  Singapore etc competing with Indian and Pakistani players. 

I'll be supporting Netherlands and Namibia today. 

Then maybe Scotland tomorrow. Somehow it will be an Oman vs Hong Kong still I believe for the final spot. 

Thailand in a way are the best non commonwealth nation as their women qualified for the 10 team T20WC and I don't think any of these can be in top 12 of Men's WC T20. 

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I have always protested against Oman,  UAE,  Singapore etc competing with Indian and Pakistani players. 

I'll be supporting Netherlands and Namibia today. 

Then maybe Scotland tomorrow. Somehow it will be an Oman vs Hong Kong still I believe for the final spot. 

Thailand in a way are the best non commonwealth nation as their women qualified for the 10 team T20WC and I don't think any of these can be in top 12 of Men's WC T20. 

I thought Oman didn’t rely too heavily on foreign players. Was I wrong? 
Yeah Netherlands or Thailand are probably the best “true” non-commonwealth nations. I’m always surprised the US isn’t better to be honest.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

57 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I thought Oman didn’t rely too heavily on foreign players. Was I wrong? 
Yeah Netherlands or Thailand are probably the best “true” non-commonwealth nations. I’m always surprised the US isn’t better to be honest.

Well actually if you see the following teams :

Ratio of India : Pakistan (No indigenous players) 

UAE  - 50:50 

Hong Kong  - 40 :60

Oman : 15:85

Singapore : 70: 30

Canada :  Mix of Ind, Pak, WI, Sri and few Canadians 

US : Same as Canada, few US 

Japan is the next nation on cards for non commonwealth spot, they have qualified for ICC U19 WC in January 2020. A mix of few Indians, Australians and around 10-15 native Japanese. 

Also note there is a U19 Women's World Cup of 16 teams starting in 2021. Expect more of the Non commonwealth nations.China ,Indonesia(who have a women's cricket league from sub junior level, club cricket etc from this year)  Brazil etc could qualify some day.