website statistics

Biathlon IBU Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

And we had a cross country skiier Kateřina Smutná = Catherine Sad

She was pretty sad tbh because she had arguments with the federation and had to change to Austria

and tennis player Jiří Veselý is Jiří (George) Happy :p

but still nothing compared to Roman Jebavý... :p

20 minutes ago, hckosice said:

and tennis player Jiří Veselý is Jiří (George) Happy :p

but still nothing compared to Roman Jebavý... :p

OK that is the champ, obviously you have the likes of Andreas Wank which doesn’t work in a foreign language, but in your own native language...:roflmao:

Edited by Grassmarket

32 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

And we had a cross country skiier Kateřina Smutná = Catherine Sad

She was pretty sad tbh because she had arguments with the federation and had to change to Austria

In Poland there remains a running gag about Czech ice hockey players: Popil, Poruhal a Smutny :p

We even have memes about that:

1261084105_by_facha_600.jpg

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

In Poland there remains a running gag about Czech ice hockey players: Popil, Poruhal a Smutny :p

We even have memes about that:

1261084105_by_facha_600.jpg

Ahahaha oh yes, the czech ice hockey names, that´s another category :lol:

The memorable lines

Mojžíš, Tenkrát, Nakládal, Čáslava  (Moses then loaded Čáslav)

Kašpar, Koukal  (Clown watched)

and many more...

but one of the top names I can remember s the Czech Rally duo Bloudil, Nedojel  (literally translated --- Bloudil - was lost, Nedojel - Did not finished)

36c5a98d4904ac.jpg

The unforgettable cross-country skiing :POL women's relay from Lillehammer 1994: Maciuszek, Ruchała, Kwaśny, Bocek

Maciuszek - simply a name (although might be translated as "she has a small piece of clothing")

Ruchała - (fucked)

Kwaśny - (sour)

Bocek - (one can easily think about "boczek" - "bacon" spoken with the mountain accent)

Exactly in that order: Maciuszek fucked a sour bacon...

The coach really had to have a thought.

18 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Shame we don't have many :FIN members. I recall Krista Lahteenmaki's name was supposed to mean something like "Tree by the bay" :d

"Lahti" in Finnish means "bay" :coffee:

I'm here alright :P 

Lähteenmäki = Fountain's hill basically.   Yes, Krista Pärmäkoski's family name is Lähteenmäki, with Ä-letters

30 minutes ago, Finnator123 said:

I'm here alright :P 

Lähteenmäki = Fountain's hill basically.   Yes, Krista Pärmäkoski's family name is Lähteenmäki, with Ä-letters

I find her maiden name way cooler tbh :p I suppose "mäki" has the same meaning in Tommi Mäkinen's name? (the rally driver, duh).

Sorry to interrupt the fun name discussion, but there were some races yesterday.

Lots of misses in the Mass Start 60.  There was only one in the men's race who shot clear (Tshchenko of Ukraine) but he finished in 24th.  The top 5, Three Norwegians and two Germans had 2,2,2,3,3 respectively.  I wonder if the format lends itself to additional pressure.

The women also only had one shoot clear (Steiner of Austria) and she finished in 4th place.  

Once again, the shooting will be on view this weekend with a Supersprint, Spring and Pursuit.