website statistics

Biathlon IBU Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

Just now, heywoodu said:

Which, no doubt, is Arber. There even at IBU Cup level you have to make sure you get a good spot before the start or else there's like two whole lines of people in front of you :d 

Two whole lines, it is amazing that a fight does not break out!  

1 minute ago, RobtheAggie said:

Two whole lines, it is amazing that a fight does not break out!  

Biathlon fans are known to be hardcore.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Well the Osrblie stage is always sold out

Sold out as in, there are tickets? :yikes: That's new for an IBU Cup :d 

Checked some other Osrblie videos from IBU as well and that looks pretty awesome indeed :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Happy to see Hammerschmidt back on the snow :) Let's hope for good results so she can find her way back into the A team.

Also, only four Lithuanians starting tomorrow, that's pretty sad. We are definitely capable to put 4 in the men's race at least, don't know why we didn't.

Really curious about Hammerschmidt and Slettemark tomorrow :cheer:

Checking the first international start lists of the season under the repeated tunes of this :cheer: :wub: 

7 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

I was looking at the start list for the men's race tomorrow.  It turns out that Vinny Fountain, who starts 75th tomorrow, and races for the UK was born in Virginia.  I wonder about that story.  

Don’t know about him specifically, there are lots of American-based Brits in various sports at the moment.  Usually it’s American-born people with one British parent who have been through or are still in the NCAA system and who are eligible for some kind of subsidy or help from the lottery-funded British system.

Edited by Grassmarket

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

@heywoodu  Is the little Slettemark eligible for World Cup status? I mean her mother pretty much extended her career beyond limits to keep the nation quota alive? When does it expire?

I'm not sure about the nation quota, though I'm pretty sure her result at junior worlds makes her eligible for at least one trimester.