website statistics

Biathlon IBU Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Time to see how much you really know.  IBU has a quiz about last years IBU cup.   I got 11 out of 25.

Missed the question about the first short individual winner even though I was literally 5 meters away from the podium ceremony there. That's embarrassing :p 

6/15, although I must say I follow the men's competitions a lot less and I definitely don't remember things like "Was Selina Gasparin 12th, 6th, 9th or 15th at this and that competition?" :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Missed the question about the first short individual winner even though I was literally 5 meters away from the podium ceremony there. That's embarrassing :p 

6/15, although I must say I follow the men's competitions a lot less and I definitely don't remember things like "Was Selina Gasparin 12th, 6th, 9th or 15th at this and that competition?" :d 

I guessed a lot, and was lucky.  Also as a fan of the Swiss, I was able to get the Gasparin question right.

That men's team has monstrous potential, especially for IBU Cup level..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I am looking forward to the sprint.  There will be lots of story lines.  Who will get the last WC spot, who feels snubbed and does well.  Who feels snubbed and does poorly.  Which juniors are ready to move full-time to the IBU Cup, who needs more time with the youth.  Mostly I am ready to hear the crack of the shot. The ping of the hit.  The roar of the crowd.  It's the most wonderful time of the year...

1 hour ago, RobtheAggie said:

I am looking forward to the sprint.  There will be lots of story lines.  Who will get the last WC spot, who feels snubbed and does well.  Who feels snubbed and does poorly.  Which juniors are ready to move full-time to the IBU Cup, who needs more time with the youth.  Mostly I am ready to hear the crack of the shot. The ping of the hit.  The roar of the crowd.  It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Let me quote the roar of the crowd during an average IBU Cup for you:

Just now, RobtheAggie said:

I was speaking about biathlon in general.  Yes I know that the "roar" is very muted even at the best IBU Cup event.:)

Which, no doubt, is Arber. There even at IBU Cup level you have to make sure you get a good spot before the start or else there's like two whole lines of people in front of you :d