website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

I know Labastau was really impressive last year in Minsk, but damn, Belarus is doing quite something here.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Allez les bleus!  :cheer:

Should be winning every week, though.

With the quality they've got, every non-win is a big disappointment indeed.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

It's only the first win In almost three years...

Yes, that's a whole lot of big disappointments. Although especially this season losing seems like a shock when you've got half of the top-8 biathletes in the world in your team.

4 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

Thank you so much.  I wonder here and n the US if Fort Kent still has an A.  Lake Placid and Valcartier in Canada might as well.  I would assume that Jericho, Bozeman, West Yellowstone, and Auburn, Can have a B.  There are a few note that if there is a C, they would have that.  Canada has around a dozen or so that host local to national events.

I wonder if Nagano has kept their venue up?  Also Beijing, (I forgot the actual name) would need to be A when it is finished.  

I appreciate the list a lot.

Nozawa Onsen was only the back-up biathlon venue for 1998 OG and it's a ski resort first and foremost. I don't think the range is still there, the official site shows all kinds of skiing slopes and half-pipe which is far more popular in Japan than biathlon.

The "A' license is up for renewal every 8 years at most. I doubt whether third string US venues still have the 'A' license when for example the second Norwegian venue in Sjusjoen only has a "B" license. Presque Isle has probably rendered Lake Placid pretty moot in the NE area. Local events can be hosted at "C" license venues tbh.

There are some new venues in Latvia (Madona) and Estonia (Haasja) that are on the "B" license as well. Duszniki Arena in Poland have been upgraded to "B" in 2017.

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

And doesn't Beijing have an A license? Or just not yet? Since they're getting a World Cup in the pre-Olympic season (and well, the Olympics :p ).

Well, it will obviously get one but probably on a temporary basis. I seriously doubt IBU stages a World Cup round there except for the pre-Olympic test and the WOG.

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Well, it will obviously get one but probably on a temporary basis. I seriously doubt IBU stages a World Cup round there except for the pre-Olympic test and the WOG.

Oh they most definitely won't :d I don't think we'll ever see Pyeongchang again neither, the world championships there showed how dead it is.

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh they most definitely won't :d I don't think we'll ever see Pyeongchang again neither, the world championships there showed how dead it is.

Khanty-Mansiysk made hosting the WC races in Pyeongchang even remotely possible, now with the Russian venues banned there's no point in going to Korea for a one-off event. Everyone would probably skip it anyway :p