website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

53 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

During the men's sprint they announced that next week will be in Brezno-Osrblie.  

Wait what? Brezno gets three consecutive weeks? :d And why?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, RobtheAggie said:

During the men's sprint they announced that next week will be in Brezno-Osrblie.  

I don´t think it´s true. Who said that ?

I mean, yes Osrblie finally received back the A-licence to organize WC/WCH event last year (they lost their A-Licence in 2009) so.the venue was eligible to host only the B-events like IBU Cup/JWCH etc.. and had to wait 10 years to finally receive it back, but as I heard somewhere there was room for our federation to apply for a World Cup races only from December 2022 to March 2026  

However, I can not find any news about this right now, but I will continue to check our special biathlon site, maybe they will update there something about.

Osrblie already saved IBU ass this week when they agreed to replace Duszniki for the IBU Cup

1 minute ago, RobtheAggie said:

If you go watch the replay on Eurovision, I think it is around 25 min in.  They were talking about a French biathlete when it was mentioned.  

I agree that it was odd.  It was said almost in passing.  

maybe they just confused Slovakia with Slovenia (next WC stage is schedulled in Pokljuka), it happens more often than one would think. :d

51 minutes ago, hckosice said:

maybe they just confused Slovakia with Slovenia (next WC stage is schedulled in Pokljuka), it happens more often than one would think. :d

Eurosport also mentioned that Kuehn has his PB in Pokljuka, so he probably won't be happy, since the tour is moving to Slovakia and that Slovenia is cancelled.

I was also extremely confused, went to check the schedule and it's Pokljuka still...

1 hour ago, Werloc said:

Eurosport also mentioned that Kuehn has his PB in Pokljuka, so he probably won't be happy, since the tour is moving to Slovakia and that Slovenia is cancelled.

I was also extremely confused, went to check the schedule and it's Pokljuka still...

This is the comment that I heard.  So who knows.  Nothing on any social media or any websites.  Sorry for the false alarm.