website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

Swedish team for WC 1:

https://www.op.se/artikel/ingela-andersson-skrallen-i-truppen-har-ar-alla-uttagna-till-vc-premiaren-i-ostersund

Men: Jesper Nelin, Sebastian Samuelsson, Martin Ponsiluoma, Peppe Femling, Torstein Stenersen.

Women: Linn Persson, Hanna Oeberg, Mona Brorsson, Ingela Andersson, Emma Nilsson, Elvira Oeberg.

1 hour ago, RobtheAggie said:

Anna Weidel.

:woohoo:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Everything that I have seen lists her as being born in Austria.  I am not as familiar with her story as others.  What made her decide to race for Germany instead of Austria?

A quick Google shows that she did her school in Austria and she specifically says her mom is Austrian, which leads one to believe her dad is not (so, probably German) :p She has dual nationality, but decided to compete for Germany. The way she's going I doubt she'll compete in the IBU Cup anytime soon, which makes it harder to ask her, but just in case she does and it's one I'm not going to, a reminder for @brunamoura to ask her about it if she happens to see her :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, RobtheAggie said:

Italy.

Men: Lukas Hofer, Dominik Windisch, Thomas Bormolini, Giuseppe Montello and Daniel Cappelari.

Ladies: Dorothea Wierer, Lisa Vittozzi, Federica Sanfilippo and Nicole Gontier.  Two  more spots open, but unused.

Could Italy borrow us those two spots in the World Cup? Oh wait, we don't have more than two women that are eligible to start in the World Cup :cheer:

:FRA has their roster

Men:  Fabien Claude, Simon Desthieux, Quentin Fillon Maillet, Martin Fourcade, Antonin Guigonnat, Emilien Jacquelin - That is a strong team.

Women: Célia Aymonier, Anaïs Bescond, Justine Braisaz, Chloé Chevalier, Caroline Colombo, Julia Simon

Anais Chevalier is out for the season due to childbirth.  I do wonder if we will see Bourgois Republic in things go well for him in the IBU Cup at the end of the season.

Edited by RobtheAggie

36 minutes ago, Wumo said:

Swedish team for WC 1:

https://www.op.se/artikel/ingela-andersson-skrallen-i-truppen-har-ar-alla-uttagna-till-vc-premiaren-i-ostersund

Men: Jesper Nelin, Sebastian Samuelsson, Martin Ponsiluoma, Peppe Femling, Torstein Stenersen.

Women: Linn Persson, Hanna Oeberg, Mona Brorsson, Ingela Andersson, Emma Nilsson, Elvira Oeberg.

I see the whole "fuck Hoegberg" schtick is on this year as well. Sweden never disappoints.

2 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I see the whole "fuck Hoegberg" schtick is on this year as well. Sweden never disappoints.

She could have been in place of Persson or Nilsson, yeah..

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

She could have been in place of Persson or Nilsson, yeah..

Persson is fairly decent, not far off from what Brorsson can do.

Hoegberg is definitely better than Nilsson, by a lot.

Elvira is an unknown quantity though, her IBU cup results haven't been anything to brag about, but can't deny that she might have matured well during the off-season to earn that spot as a young prodigy.

Edited by Werloc

2 horas atrás, heywoodu disse:

A quick Google shows that she did her school in Austria and she specifically says her mom is Austrian, which leads one to believe her dad is not (so, probably German) :p She has dual nationality, but decided to compete for Germany. The way she's going I doubt she'll compete in the IBU Cup anytime soon, which makes it harder to ask her, but just in case she does and it's one I'm not going to, a reminder for @brunamoura to ask her about it if she happens to see her :) 

Deal ?